Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke end in sight

Ausfish Bronze Member

Re: 2 stroke end in sight

No more carby 2 strokes but direct injection 2 strokes will be around for a good while - G2 Evinrude, less emissions than 4 strokes.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force3 View Post
    No more carby 2 strokes but direct injection 2 strokes will be around for a good while - G2 Evinrude, less emissions than 4 strokes.

and they will run well i bet.. i would love to try a little 30hp 2 stroke with direct injection.. smooth power..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Up the creek, its not how much pollution you create, its how much pollution in agregate EVERYONE creates. You dont live in a bubble where only you exist is my answer. We are all in this world together and only by acting together do we make changes to our world. Its not hard to understand.
    Its up to you how much you care about everyone else.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Up the creek, its not how much pollution you create, its how much pollution in agregate EVERYONE creates. You dont live in a bubble where only you exist is my answer. We are all in this world together and only by acting together do we make changes to our world. Its not hard to understand.
    thats kool andy and i do care and understand.. but large vessels can continue to spill 100s of times more co2 then me, and can continue to spoil the planet but once again its the little guy who has to sacrifice.. im a smoker and people tell me about 2nd hand smoke and yet my lifetime of smoking spills less co2 then your car in 1 month..but mate i agree with you and im happy to do something for others/myself and the planet i just wish those that spill the most made changes also. food for thought i spose..

Ausfish Silver Member

mate just had a thought and not to stir anyone up but a genuine thought... do you drive a car???? as i will ask you if you care or are in a bubble as you said to me and will you give up your car/motorbike/lawnmower...??? as i take my tinnie out at the most once a month. and spew out less emmisons then ur car in 1 day. so while were all in your words caring,, do you care enough to give up your car co2 emissions, now not when battery cars come in.. but im guessing as i thought its easier to tell someone else to sacrifice then do it yourself.. and i say all this with respect and good manner..

Andy if you eat meat you are contributing FAR more to global pollution and ozone depletion than if you don't eat meet and run a 2 stroke.

People in glass houses.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Ausfish Silver Member

for the record and in the name of peace.. i loved 2 strokes since i was a little boy, when dad mowed the lawn and that fresh grass and 2 stroke smell, was to me was man and his machine working in harmony to get a job done easier, and now that people say 2 strokes are bad for the planet, AND I DONT DISAGREE, but the fact remains before people think there evil ozone wrecking machine, ( and the people who use them) i loved me little 2 strokes and wether there banned or extinct i will still love them.. not to get to spritual but i hope heaven has 2 strokes and ill get one again, maybe gods earth can handle co2 or we use better fuel.. as said food for thought and i mean no disrespect to other peoples opinions, just remember i love me little 2 strokes..

All good m8. I agree that every bit helps. Everyone has different views and positions. I dont feel bad running my 2 stroke infrequently. Some people say why do you drive a V8...but in have for some 17 years and in keeping it I have saved a car or 3 from being produced and wrecked. I ran it on clean LPG for about 15 of those years too.

Cheers

Ausfish Silver Member

we all want our kids to have a planet that can produce crops and clean air etc, but youd know ozscott what china said to the west when we said youve got 1.7 billion people and you want more power stations for your growing middle class who all want aircons running etc... yup they said well you all in the west have aircon why cant we.. and i agree we as a whole we have to do something, but our piss ant efforts to ban just 2 stroke outboards when no one will give up there car aircon steak etc and then to top it off china aint stopping mate, and i think the high populaton countrys aint turnin off there co2 emissions anytime soon. i dont want to say it but it could be checkmate for this planet.. so as you said u drive a v8 and if were goin down lets do it burnin rubber lol.

After following old mate yesterday with his twin 115s RAM FicHT ....... awesome news
    The fumes nearly killed me !

My first two motors were 2 stroke Mariner & Yamaha ...... & while their hole shot was was fantastic - reliability wasn't ..... fuel burn wasn't . fumes ... you can have that crap - I wouldn't put a 2 stroke on a boat even if I had the choice .

Nothing better than seeing these oil burners go

you don't generally see a oil slick around a four stroke

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

What has the ban on 2 strokes got to with aircon and co2 emissions.
    It is to stop 2 strokes polluting the waterways with fuel and oil and nothing to do with co2.

Everyone has an opinion Chris. You clearly didn't enjoy 2 stroke ownership!

Cheers

Aussie don't let facts get in the way of a good stouch. But yep. Mind you I stand by my right to run a small 2 stroke while I maintain my vege only lifestyle. It's all about nett impact.

Cheers

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    After following old mate yesterday with his twin 115s RAM FicHT ....... awesome news
    The fumes nearly killed me !

My first two motors were 2 stroke Mariner & Yamaha ...... & while their hole shot was was fantastic - reliability wasn't ..... fuel burn wasn't . fumes ... you can have that crap - I wouldn't put a 2 stroke on a boat even if I had the choice .

Nothing better than seeing these oil burners go

Chris
    lol nagg i know,, a fella in his old holden booted it in front of me at lights just 2 days ago and the smell dead set filled me car and me lungs and if me windows didint give me fresh air it coulda killed me ha ha..i wont miss that car if it was banned ... 2 strokes you either love em or you dont i dont think anyone can argue to the bone whos right or wrong the only sad thing is its just another choice made for us and not with our consultation...

But m8 the energy, materials and pollutants to make several cars that he would have been through had he 'upgraded' like so many do would well outway his motor's rich state of petrol tune...speaking of which there are a few smug modern diesel drivers that might be interested to know that the rich running petrol motor with worn rings is not as bad for people as the 'cleantech' new diesel from only a couple of years ago...there is a reason Stutgart and Dusseldorf has banned any diesel but the very latest from their cities.

Cheers