Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance elite 7

Lowrance elite 7

Hi everyone been out of the loop for a fair while as i hav'nt had. Boat ....Anyway back in fishing mode .But i need some help. Bought new elite 7 with navionics map etc .Have fitted it but im able to get proper map reading ,Beacon contours ,etc on chart .Have land islands etc but no channels .I know i havnt done something on setup but hard (for me ?) to read the manual exaltly to set up .Paul

Re: Lowrance elite 7

Paul, it sill probably have come set up as Lowrance as the default map, you need to select the navionics chart, I forget where it is on the menu but if you remove the SD card before startup and once started insert it and the unit and it should prompt you which to select.

Cheers Sam

Thanks Sam it does seem that it not reading the map chip /card when inserted.....Will give it a go......

Thanks Sam it does seem that it not reading the map chip /card when inserted.....Will give it a go......

I have a similar set up ..just wondering if there is an online tutorial that might help

There are a series of them, here is a starter

I always try to learn a new unit by turning it on, in the sonar menu select stop/pause sonar (this turns the transducer off) and simply work my way thru all the pages and menus to see what I can find. You generally cant mess too much up and if you do, you can just do a factory reset anway.

Re the chart, you do need to select the Navionics chart from the chart menu.

On the chart screen, open the menu, select chart options, then select Navionics. Done.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

G'day
    Don't select navionics, that's fairly sparse in contour lines, scroll down and select fish and chip mode, then you get the full detail
    Cheers
    Rod

As it happens I set one of these up for a neighbor a few days ago. One thing that surprised me is how long it took when zooming in or out for the chart to re-appear, around 5 secs I think, very slow. Is this the same on yours inlike? I didn't think my old touch 9 did that and my current garmins the chart stays visible when zooming.
    Cheers
    Rod

Moonligter this unit only has navionics or lowrance options . Ive picked navionics as its the chart sold with the unit.........Cape Crusader 😄 Could'nt find fish &chip mode but im getting only gps screen Eg the bay like mcleay the Ws etc but no beacons contours or channel depths that you get normally ....?...I dont think it reading the chip.....??

Hi there I had one a while back and I have a feeling from memory I had to register the card or unit through a computer or connect to wifi through navionics to download the right charts

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    As it happens I set one of these up for a neighbor a few days ago. One thing that surprised me is how long it took when zooming in or out for the chart to re-appear, around 5 secs I think, very slow. Is this the same on yours inlike? I didn't think my old touch 9 did that and my current garmins the chart stays visible when zooming.
    Cheers
    Rod
    Yes, it seems to be particularly slow on refresh as helped set up a mates and mentioned it to him, when he came aboard my boat and saw how quickly the Garmin refreshed he was surprised.

Inlike, whereabouts are you located. If either my method or Moonlighters doesn't bring up the navionics option then you could have a faulty SD card or the card reader itself in the unit. One unit I bought rattled when I took it out of the box so took it back and had no problems exchanging it.

Inlike, have a look at the navionics web app, this will give you an idea what you should be seeing (as I understand)
    Drag the map to your area, then zoom right in. Initially you'll get the navionics cartography. Then click on the round icon bottom left and select sonar, this will give you much more detail and is the fish and chip mode I mentioned on your chartplotter. You have to be zoomed in a fair way to see the extra contours
    Cheers
    Rod
    https://webapp.navionics.com/#boatin...y=%7CalyEavdhY

When I zoom out in fish n chip mode I see less detail than the standard Navionics setting....or is this just me?
    So I tend to only use fish n chip when zoomed in...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

If you are not getting beacons etc then its nothing to do with fish n chips. Which if I understand it comes with Navionics Platinum charts. So if he doesnt have Platinum charts then ......

Either the navionics chart isnt selected, or, of it is, then someone has been playing with the chart settings (was the unit a demo? Some poeple like fricking around with demo unit settings just to be ...)

I found a video about fish n chips but it also shows where you set the chart and the options. Have a look and see if yours is now set up the show Navionics charts.

Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....