Thread: Whiting

Whiting

Any reports on whiting in the Rous.

cheers

Re: Whiting

Seahorse whats the best way to keep worms alive. I think they were blood worms i brought from Mossops Cleveland. They weren't covered in sand. I put them in the live well, that didn't work lol

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Seahorse whats the best way to keep worms alive. I think they were blood worms i brought from Mossops Cleveland. They weren't covered in sand. I put them in the live well, that didn't work lol
    Mate i dont use worms. Sorry

Mate fished the southern and northern areas of small boat channel on Monday for limited success. Pestered by big numbers of juvenile sweeties. Had better luck in Fisherman's Gutter drifting in the horseshoe gutter in the northeast corner. Average fish size wise at both locations. Great day out there though - very few people out there fishing on a cracker of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbosun View Post
    Mate fished the southern and northern areas of small boat channel on Monday for limited success. Pestered by big numbers of juvenile sweeties. Had better luck in Fisherman's Gutter drifting in the horseshoe gutter in the northeast corner. Average fish size wise at both locations. Great day out there though - very few people out there fishing on a cracker of a day.
    Cheers
    I will leave it till the hot weather is over

Hey mate,

I had the same problem with juvenile sweeties at the sand hills last weekend. I would get a couple whiting then sweeties.i would move and same process again. At least it kept the young fella busy and interested.

Cheers
    Bermo

I want to know where all the young sweeties go when they are grownup? There must be a huge number somewhere judging by the hoards of juveniles.
    Cheers,
    BillB