Thread: 2-1-1 at Cape Moreton today

2-1-1 at Cape Moreton today

Put the lures out at about 5 am just off Cape Moreton. Glamour conditions with small swell, almost no wind and warm blue water. I found excellent bait soon afterwards - big tight schools high in the water with holes - and was expecting to get hit but it just didn't happen. Spent about 40 minutes in that area before I went further NE past Smiths and wide of Flinders. More bait there with lots of schools of small tuna on the surface. Again I was just expecting to hear the drag scream as I went past but nothing. Chat on VHF 21 seemed to be the same from Moreton to Caloundra - lots of bait but no fish. Heaps of boats out being good weather Sunday and a game comp out of Bribie Island as well. About 8 am started chat of the odd fish on the radio - mostly dollies with just a handful of blacks and a stripe. I went all the way up North of Hutchies then zigzagging back South in 50 to 85 m. Had a hit from a dollie of about 6 kg SE of Flinders that didn't connect about 9 am. Came back in towards the Cape and the bait I had found earlier was still there with only a couple of other boats in the area. Again no hits after a good half hour so I started heading East again when I finally had that hit and saw a little black jump. It took a little slant face polu-kai in lumo in the shotgun position and gave an excellent fight jumping and running fast. I had some issues with my outboard stalling at low revs, and had difficulty starting it, so I was working on getting the outboard running while I was fighting the fish. Fortunately it didn't run at the boat or circle the boat and I managed to get going again after a good 5 minutes. Went back to Bribie after that in case the outboard got worse, but I had no trouble starting it and it idled fine back at the ramp and again at home.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2 Boatside - s.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	116631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M2 release - s.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	116632  

Re: 2-1-1 at Cape Moreton today

Good stuff mate sounds like hard work though. How does the score card work 2-1-1? Also do you know the flag thing?

2-1-1 means 2 strikes, 1 hookup and 1 landed. Don't know about the flags.

sweet thanks for that

Nice work Jeremy, looks a good size!

Cheers
    jim

if you are asking bout tag flags they are flown on way in to let others know how many fish you tagged..red marlin flag for striped..blue for blue..black for black...red/white t flag for each fish...rick