Thread: savage alloy trailer

savage alloy trailer

Does anyone have a savage alloy trailer? Looking at a full bunk setup for my Haines sig. Any info greatly appreciated.

Re: savage alloy trailer

I guess it's the Telwater one you are talking about? I think they are OK for the price, not top shelf, but OK, there was some problems with the bolt holes cracking, but that's been fixed now.

http://www.savagetrailers.com.au/

They supply trailers for coota craft.

OK, wrong trailers, forget what I said!

savage alloy trailer

I purchased a us built trailer. Savage (at the time, but unsure know) were acting as the manufacturers local agents. While I purchased o/s and then imported myself, they were still involved. I had a few issues with the o/s supplier and found ben savage to be extremely helpful. Went above and beyond where it was probably not his issue. He seemed very knowledgable and willing to offer help and advice including construction details. At the time,their bolted alloy trailers were a series of parts imported from the us as much of the gear was not available here such as 6061 alloy I beams and certain SS u bolts etc. I am not sure if that has changed now.

They were then manufacturing other parts here such as tunnel guides for cats etc. so not just an import and bolt together..... they also did fabricated allot locally I think, as well as the usual steel trailers. While I technically have not owned one of their trailers, the us gear they were getting was of the typical standard and he was good to deal with and seemed to only want to do things the right way.

Hopefully that helps.

PS. Their bunk trailers look like they are still
    Sourcing components from the same supplier in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren thanks for the info. Ben has been great to deal with.

G'day,
    I don't have a savage alloy trailer but I did recently purchase a Transtyle alloy trailer for my Haines signature 600RF, I chose them because of the bearing hub design and torsion style axles, have a look at their site for more info, I am extremely happy with the trailer. I did do allot of shopping around and no one can compete with them imo, their bearing re-greasing set up is awesome, and I couldn't find anyone else in Aus that has it, (well in Melb anyway)
    Cheers
    Russ

Thanks I will look into them.