Thread: Furuno 585 issues

Furuno 585 issues

Hi guys, well the weather has finally turned it on, great boating weather the last few days and ive been out the last 3 days.
    Yesterday however went to turn on the furuno and nothing on the screen other than what looks like the back light. Tried everything i could think of, power down and back on several times, checked power cable for corrosion etc, unplugged everything and plugged back in but same result, just a dark screen with partial back light.
    When its on i can push the buttons and i can hear everything sounding normal nust no picture.
    Is this fixable?? Or any suggestions??
    Cheers Joel

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Re: Furuno 585 issues

Does the startup process show at all when first switched on, if so your brilliance setting is at minimum and you'll see nothing in sunlight, if not you might have a small problem to which I don't have any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Does the startup process show at all when first switched on, if so your brilliance setting is at minimum and you'll see nothing in sunlight, if not you might have a small problem to which I don't have any ideas.
    No, just get the white back ground for a few seconds then a dim screen. I can adjust the brightness level which i can see on the screen as either a dark screen or a brighter screen but no thing else on the screen.

Bummer,there goes that theory. Doesn't sound good, hopefully some one else has a suggestion and easy to fix.

sounds terminal....... probably a capacitor let go or some sorts, off to BCF it is, unfortunately.

Give off shore fishing seq a call he is a furono dealer
    He will be able to sort u out
    Very help full !! He is located at Redcliffe

Google search out SOFT RESET for the sounder and give that a go.
    If it fails remove the mapping and storage cards and search out HARD RESET.
    Hard reset will wipe all of your data.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by SWANY22 View Post
    Give off shore fishing seq a call he is a furono dealer
    He will be able to sort u out
    Very help full !! He is located at Redcliffe
    Unfortunately he is on holidays for another week yet. Need to get something sorted tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Google search out SOFT RESET for the sounder and give that a go.
    If it fails remove the mapping and storage cards and search out HARD RESET.
    Hard reset will wipe all of your data.
    Havent tried the reset, but 585 doesnt have mapping or storage, they are sounder only.