Thread: First time in the bay

Talking First time in the bay

Hey guys, first time poster.

so this Thursday is looking to be some pretty nice weather up to 10 knots seas bellow .5 meter turning 10-15 NE In the after noon.
    woupd love to finally get out into the bay in some deeper water, maybe around the spitfire markers?

heading out in my glass open 4.7m nova with a 50 Johnson.
    have all th safety gear, comms flares etc.

high tide bribie just after 7am thinking of hitting the water just after 6

amy advice or recommendations would be great.

thanks

Re: First time in the bay

Head straight towards Cape Moreton from bribie as early as you can and once you cross through the western banks (roughly the half way point) you will find the long tail Tuna school.

Cast some slugs at the schools and hold on!

Enjoy. Wish i wasnt working tomorrow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke the duke View Post

so this Thursday is looking to be some pretty nice weather up to 10 knots seas bellow .5 meter turning 10-15 NE In the after noon.
    woupd love to finally get out into the bay in some deeper water, maybe around the spitfire markers?

thanks

Thanks mate, will give it a crack.

The weather is looking pretty nice for a change as you say. I'd always be conscious of afternoon storms in the summer but a quick check of BOM at lunch time or just look up in the sky as the day go on. I'm not a bay fisherman but the 4 beacons are always worth a jig or live bait and being a mid week fish Mud island can be ok. A google search will find some GPS marks for starter marks such as the below, and an excellent book with some starter marks is River to reef by Bill Johnston (Brisbane and Moreton Bay) probably from BCF. Always keep an eye on your sounder going from mark to mark. Good luck an enjoy the weather.

http://www.nuggetoutdoors.com.au/smf...?topic=23508.0

Quote Originally Posted by Luke the duke View Post

thanks
    Well how did you go?

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Weather was as perfect as I think it could ever get. Stayed that way all day. Ripped across to tangalooma first thing fishes the beacons and along spitfire towards cape Moreton. Tracked from there towards Caloundra than back into the passage late afternoon. Got on to some good sized snapper and a few flat head.

Great day in all. Patiently watching the weather for another good day