Thread: Boat auctions

Boat auctions

thought this maybe of interest to some of us.

https://www.lloydsonline.com.au/Auct...m_source=curve

Re: Boat auctions

There’s some nice bargains for ribs so far. If I had a spare $75k I’d go for lot 54.
    But I’m dreaming. Ha ha

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.

Does anyone know the story behind these? A business that has folded up and the stock is being liquidated?

Lots of Stefan Boating World brands there ???????

Yeah I reckon it is Stefan's as scottar suggested. Old stock that's selling or folding? Don't think it is folding as he has Stefan's boat world on the side of a supermaxi yacht in the Sydney to Hobart

I did see the pink boat in the background of one of the photos. Didn't last long then.

anyone else get a txt msg from loyds about this? its a first for me

I wouldnt be laying out anymoney on any of those boats. Non appeal to me. The fact that there a dozen or so simalar boats doesnt exactly move resale forward at all.. Cant really tell what make but you can bet thats a deliberate ploy to disguise their non pedigree. After looking at boats for a while, i would only consider a boat with a pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    I wouldnt be laying out anymoney on any of those boats. Non appeal to me. The fact that there a dozen or so simalar boats doesnt exactly move resale forward at all.. Cant really tell what make but you can bet thats a deliberate ploy to disguise their non pedigree. After looking at boats for a while, i would only consider a boat with a pedigree.

unless its reflected by a lower purchase price
    resale Is a moot point if ifs bought dirt cheap

did anyone pick up a bargain?

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    did anyone pick up a bargain?

BigE
    i went for a look on Saturday, hoping to find a decent cheap rib. A lot of the ribs showed signs of deterioration, eg peeling away from transom and other issues. I decided if I were to buy one then I could expect mine to fall apart too. The only decent boats imo were the Seajay and Morning star tinnies. All else crap; imo. All boats were at Stephens boating world at Coomera.