Thread: Catching Sand Worm at Gold Coast

Catching Sand Worm at Gold Coast

Hi Folks,

I have a question about catching worms on the beach. Usually I could catch around 20 worms in an hour at Main Beach, Gold Coast. But I ended up with empty hands in the last two trips to the coast.

I used the same bait - fish frame and whole mullet which always worked for me. But I didn't even see the bugs popping up. I tried in the morning and afternoon, tide in and out.

I started to wonder if it was about 'season'. I assume sand worms on the beach all year around. But I could be wrong.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

Thank you very much.

Re: Catching Sand Worm at Gold Coast

Hi Carl , neap tide ie a high low, the worms may have been further down the bank, very windy - then dont like a lot of wind on them , just after a lot of rain - too much fresh water on them , or maybe they just were not where you were
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

Don't know much about up there, but down this way, low tide is about the only time you will consistently get worms, I usually start just before low and worm until it starts to come back in a bit, after about a quarter in, you will see bugger all worms.

Hi BeastMaster,

Thank you very much for your reply. I guess it was probably due to the wind. When I was on the main beach / mermaid beach recently, it was quite windy.

Wishing you a nice Christmas holiday.

Regards,
    Carl