Thread: New boat

New boat

Fellas looking at up grading the allison 244.looking at either a noosacat 2400 or a kevlacat 2400. will be fitted with long range tanks,2x 150hp yammies 4strks fresh water about 60/80 litres prefer hard top. just wondering if anyone has something like this already,and what do people think is best noosacat or kevlacat and why. any info appreciated.

Re: New boat

I have a kevlacat 2400 and love it. If you want a cab that can sleep two in comfort the kevla is the go. If that doesn't worry you, I think the noosa cat would be just as good, if not better. Can't go wrong with either. Would you be buying new?

have you considered a markham canyon runner?
    Last edited by chocolatemoose; 01-12-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

New boat

For sleeping in the kevlacat is a better option. Has a slightly nicer finish. But only by a hair.

Noosacat cabin room is smaller(can sleep in a pinch.)
    But has more deck space.

Noosacat has integrated engine pods and super sweet walk through transom. Floats 150's sooo much better and because the walk through is glassed to pods. There is no annoying cross spray on motors. Kevlacat run outboard ally pods. Which work fine but are not as good as the Noosacat arrangement.

Both boats are very well built.
    But the Noosacat is a higher build quality. Ask for pictures/layup schedule of boat boats and you'll see Noosacat is better. Although kevlacat is excellent too. Haven't heard of any boats sinking or cracking.

with hardtop/water/big tanks etc and heavy 150's you'll be pushing the magical 3.5t towing mark. So maybe kevlacat would be more suitable if your limited on tow vehicle?

I have recently bought 2300 noosacat with 150 yammies. After owning 5.2kc, 560 Sharkcat, been in 2400,6.2 kc ect. I can say the 2300 is best riding boat I've been in. Although I like the 2400KC layout better if it had a walk through transom.

I really like the Noosacat walkaround. Ticks nearly every box in a boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Yeah brand new going to try and get 3ooltr fuel tanks per side in it.

perko. what motors are on yours and what fuel economy you getting out of them.
    Cheers

What are you doing with The Judge big fella?

140 suzuki, all 2009 models, 1klm per litre. Make sure you get one that has the walk through transom and large duckboard. I have had one with and one without and the one with is so much better.

yeah will definately have walk through transom

going to put her on the market next year around may.if I can get what I want for it in reason I will sell her if not will keep it

I just stepped up to a 2400kc from my 5.2kc that I’d fished in for 13 years. Mine also runs at 1l per km df140s 2005, handles amazingly requires 200series or bigger to tow distances though.

Like the the others mentioned, the walk through transom is a must. I bought the extended board and cut the transom walkthrough and starboarded it up. Absolutely love it