Thread: Sim rad or Lowrance?

Sim rad or Lowrance?

Looking at getting the 7 inch models. In terms of resale value for the boat, which should I get? I also hear that lowrance can interface with motorguide to work as an electric anchor. Would this be an important functionality to have for future potential upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sim rad or Lowrance?

Aren't they now just the same products but with either brand available for purchase?

They are both NAVICO products which means there of my list ,for personal reasons but up to you . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

My experience with electronic gear is that it gets better and better. Same as cars, they just keep on improving.. Some gear is always a step ahead of the crowd but because of the steady improvements, the difference is now only incremental rather than massive. They all went 3D about the same time as an example. The only other issue is reliability. Some people will have issues but most of us wont. Some take extra care of their customers and some dont. I will leave it to others to report their experiences.
    I personally have no issues with Navico and lean that way because of features i want. If Axiom systems had those features i would lean that way because of price. I am not going to say a Merc is better than a Audi bacause short of a lotty win i am out of the running for a Merc. is the analogy i would use. Both get you from A to B.
    Most of us would rationalise the spend as the best bang for buck , some will only want the best and others will swear black and blue 0.01% failure rate is a disaster. Perspective is what i say should guide your purchase.

Ausfish Platinum Member

In the same sizes, no difference in the resale angle. 7" stuff is pretty cheap nowadays, it's all pretty good as long as you stay away from the really bottom end stuff like the Lowrance Hook series. Their Ti touchscreen stuff is really easy to use. Have a look at demo rigs and see how easy they seem to use. Check with each model for motorguide interface option, they don't all have it.