Thread: Not even Honda Australia know's the year model!

Not even Honda Australia know's the year model!

I sent a email to Honda Australia last weekend they replied today saying they could not find my year model, I have a Honda supposedly 45hp according to the decal's but there is no model, year or serial number on the transom mount or the leg, These early model's were prone to the steering tube corroding so i think it has been replaced not to long ago as mine is in brand new condition, obviously with new parts your not going to get the serial and model numbers

i do have the block serial number which i gave to Honda

anyone have a clue? i think it is a 1993 model but surely it cannot be that old?

also does anyone know why some of these older models at idle blow exhaust gases out and some don't? at idle in the water

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Not even Honda Australia know's the year model!

Did Honda do a 45Hp back then? I thought they only had the 90hp for the first few years, could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I sent a email to Honda Australia last weekend they replied today saying they could not find my year model, I have a Honda supposedly 45hp according to the decal's but there is no model, year or serial number on the transom mount or the leg, These early model's were prone to the steering tube corroding so i think it has been replaced not to long ago as mine is in brand new condition, obviously with new parts your not going to get the serial and model numbers

i do have the block serial number which i gave to Honda

anyone have a clue? i think it is a 1993 model but surely it cannot be that old?

also does anyone know why some of these older models at idle blow exhaust gases out and some don't? at idle in the water
    Give Garry a call, he will know:- https://www.ssmarine.com.au/

AF member Spaniard King

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

don't hold me to it, Production ended for USA in 1994 and the whole world in 1997. Honda moved to BF40 and BF50 in 1994 and everywhere by 1998.So 1993 sounds about right!

When i bought it i had to meet the owner at the marine mechanics, the marine mechanic said it was a 2006 model last of this shape model

i think i was spun a bit of bs to be honest...

however i only paid $1075 for it some silly sausage put a different model impeller in it and it over heated so it was taking off the boat and sold... lets say the impeller was tiny barely touching the water pump housing and the internal impeller hole was swimming on the shaft

from Wikipedia - In 1990 Honda released 35 hp and 45 hp four-stroke models.

Maybe an import and that's why Hondas not forthcoming!