Thread: Pin area by night

Ausfish Bronze Member Marchy001's Avatar

Pin area by night

In the quest of spending more time on the water the best chance for me getting out for more than a couple of hours is to go over night. With the weather in SEQ being as good as it has that restricts locations a bit.

So I’m thinking I might have a crack at the pin area overnight this Friday. Is it worth my while or are there better places to hide from the wind and have a chance to catch something?

My most common trip will be on water by 3-4 of a Friday and back at the ramp around 11 on the Saturday. The location is the part I struggle with live in ipswich so not much is convenient. Open to suggestions.

Blog Entries

Re: Pin area by night

I have a similar time restraint , so I opt for the Fri Night fish as well .

I live at Fernvale , so I usually take the boat to work on a Friday & leave straight from work ( try to score an early mark when ever possible )

Depending on wind direction / strength I would either head to the Pin OR the Port ( the port seams to be the preferred option of late )

Failing that I look at the fresh water option ( which I have done a fair bot of late ) Wivenhoe Or the upper reaches of the river below the dam .( usually a early Sat morning start )