Thread: Rod to match Shimano Stradic FB 2500

Rod to match Shimano Stradic FB 2500

Hi everyone, now that I've finally lodged my tax I know have a few extra dollars to play with, so I'm wanting to upgrade my gear, I'm thinking about getting the Shimano Stradic 2500 reel and I'm wanting to know what rod to match it with, the combo will be primary used for soft plastics and bait on occasion, so what rod should I match it with?

If there are any suggestions besides the Shimano Stradic for around the same price, (dinga currently have it for $235) please suggest.

I'm willing to spend around $200 on the rod, are one piece better than 2 piece rods?

Thanks for everyone's help.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Rod to match Shimano Stradic FB 2500

get the 3000. same reel but bigger spool.
    bcf do (and currently have) combo specials matched with a pretty decent graphite rod.

Have a look at the new Shimano Jewel series rods. I picked up a couple of them recently and they are very nice bits of gear.

i matched one of them up with a 3000 Nasci reel.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    get the 3000. same reel but bigger spool.
    bcf do (and currently have) combo specials matched with a pretty decent graphite rod.
    Thanks for the reply!

Is there any disadvantages of having a size 3000 reel? By the looks of it a lot of people go for the 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Have a look at the new Shimano Jewel series rods. I picked up a couple of them recently and they are very nice bits of gear.

i matched one of them up with a 3000 Nasci reel.
    I also hear t-curves are good, is that the case still?

Quote Originally Posted by JuzzyRawrs View Post
    I also hear t-curves are good, is that the case still?

Yes, but T Curves a lot more expensive than the Jewels. For the $ the Jewels are a good option IMO. They have significantly upgraded them from the earler Jewel series. Really a new series altogether. Best to go have a look at them yourself.

And the Nasci is a very nice reel indeed. The 3000 size is always a option because physical size and weight is the same as 2500, just a deeper spool that holds more line.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....