Thread: Pflueger torsion 20L.

Pflueger torsion 20L.

I've got this pflueger Torsion 20L overhead reel. I pulled it out to respool it. As i was messing with it i noticed the drag seems to work, but only if the handle is held.
    If you dont hold the handle it will unwind line (with the handle turning backwards) With it held, the drag works as it's meant to.
    It does it with the clicker on or off.
    Is this an easy fix?
    I haven't touched it as i dont want to ruin it as i have no idea what I'm looking for......
    Any ideas?
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Pflueger torsion 20L.

At a guess I'd say your trouble lies with the anti reverse dog.Not familiar with the model but if friction activated the 'fingers' on the dog may not be on the wheel under the main gear or they may not have a firm enough grip,if spring loaded the spring may be dislodged.I'm guessing there is no instant anti reverse on this reel,if so,both have packed it in.Not a huge fix but a lot depends on wether you can do the work yourself.

Re: Pflueger torsion 20L.

Cheers ill have a look. Took it apart yesterday and nothing screamed at me. Was all lubricated and looking good. I will have a look and see if anything looks out of place.
    I'm pretty handy, so as long as uts not totally rooted i should have a good chance if sorting it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app