Thread: Seats for Tinnie

Seats for Tinnie

Hey,

I am looking at putting some seats in the tinnie (currently bench seats) to make things more comfortable and wasn't sure which of the following to go for:
    • Seat on a swivel/clamp
    • Getting custom cushions made up to cover the whole bench
    • Mount the swivel directly to the bench

Does anyone have any feedback on the above, or have any other suggestions?

Cheers!

Re: Seats for Tinnie

I bought clip on (button type) bench cushions from the b and c and f mob for my old tinnie and they made a massive difference comfort wise. One thing though, the son got his before I did and the buttons rusted pretty quickly, I give mine a hit of lanolin every now and then and they were still like new when I sold the tub a couple of years later

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app

personally, I haven't found a comfortable seat solution for bench seats, as there is too much flex in the plastic seat and mounting brackets. I find myself having to lean too far back into the seat to get support. for me, clip on foam cushions are the go, at least you can stand on the when your fishing!

Thanks for the feedback!

Must be an omen, the mob I mentioned above just sent an email with 40% off boat seats until end of tomorrow, including the Blueline bench clip ons which is the brand I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    Must be an omen, the mob I mentioned above just sent an email with 40% off boat seats until end of tomorrow, including the Blueline bench clip ons which is the brand I had.
    Cheers Dezzer I'll have a look!

Hi Victor Oscar , yes comfort must be a priority, and as seats can be pricey, we often go the cheaper option with seats and then spend a motza on something else. Seats must have good back support IMO and often the plastic ones have too much flex, swivel/clamp idea is good but can move around while under way, easy to remove to clean but hit a good wave and your flying around. A good sturdy seat mounted to the bench seat solid as.. is the way to go....... also consider machinery type seats like for forklift,backhoe etc, they come in a low profile and have a mechanical dampner in some of them. And from what i saw very competitive in price to the boatie brand seats.

I use the clamp on ones. Tried cushions but having no back support is a killer over a full day out. I did change out the wingnuts that came with the clamps for stainless and shorten the clamps up to suit my thwarts. I also made up a tool for doing them up/undoing them as it is near on impossible to do them up tight enough by hand that they won't slip.

I just purchased a tinny where the previous owner had TIG'd up a bracket out of stainless with a receiver in the top for a very sturdy USA made fishing seat with back and arm rests. Very solid and now bending backwards...

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I like that idea.

I might have a look at making something out of alloy!

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    I just purchased a tinny where the previous owner had TIG'd up a bracket out of stainless with a receiver in the top for a very sturdy USA made fishing seat with back and arm rests. Very solid and now bending backwards...

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk