Thread: Roscoe is right! Tings and sandies galore

Rosco is right! Tings and sandies galore

Left Raby Bay ramp 5 am this morning, dropped 8 pots in the honey hole and then headed over to the Rous/small ships intersection area as per Rosco’s trip a couple days ago. Fished quite deep about 6 meters.

Tings started a bit slow but we found them after a while and they were outstanding quality. Bit patchy. Northerly sprung up about 10:30 and that slowed them a lot. But we had 90 on board already, nearly a bag out for two of us.

Lifted the pots at about 11am and got 21 nice quality sandies. Rebaited pots for an overnight soak.

Same plan for tomorrow morning.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Re: Roscoe is right! Tings and sandies galore

well done mate I know robsue went over there today aswell and got his bag of whiting..least the reports im doing are helpin others get onto them..try prawns for bait too mate..thats all I use for whiting now.peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Yes thanks for the heads up. A few reports might get a few more people interested.

We were over there a couple of weeks ago and got 40 or so, but nowhere nearly as good quality as the ones today. Got a dozen crabs that day off Ormiston too.

To be honest at $7.50 a bag at the servo for prawns, we will be feedin them squid tomorrow, espcially since we catch our own! And they bit as well today on squid as prawns.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Great report guys I haven't been on here for a while and it's nice a few fish have been getting caught. Looking at taking the kids out Saturday for some crabs and whiting so will head over to the rouse but looking at dropping some pots as well where would be the best place to unload them from wello. Thanks in advance guys

Went back early this morning to check the pots left in to soak overnight from yesterday.

Got 44 keepers, some great quality crabs too.

Topped up the crab bait and went to chase some more tings. Word must be spreading because there were already 5 or 6 other boats at the Rous spot when we got there.

Left at 10:30 as we had another 50+ nice tings in the esky.

Picked up the pots and decided not to reset them as we have plenty of crabs. Got another 20.

So total 64 crabs today. Family from around the area must have had the radar on as we have already given a heap away to happy relo’s.

good work fellas,its looking like ill be a bit light on the fishing scene the next month as just bought another house so packing and moving but will defiantly be getting out but just quick fish and crab trips...might even go sat for a couple hrs..unless I get itchy feet ..been 6 months since I have been out offshore
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab