Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Icey Tek ice boxes any good?

Re: Icey Tek ice boxes any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    Yeah had a 120l for more than 10yrs. I have put a couple of new stainless hinges on but no issues as far as keeping ice goes. Good box for the price

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app
    Could I get a pic of how you put the hinges on Dezzer, I need to put new hinges on one of my 60lt boxes.

I've got two 60's an 80 a 18 and a 12 for the price you cant go wrong, the 60lt I need to re-hinge would be 10 years old and has spent most of its life being exposed to salt water.

Several times a month at least that's what rusted the hinge out, I was thinking of riveting brass hinges on that way no more rust.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by Axl View Post
    Could I get a pic of how you put the hinges on Dezzer, I need to put new hinges on one of my 60lt boxes.

I've got two 60's an 80 a 18 and a 12 for the price you cant go wrong, the 60lt I need to re-hinge would be 10 years old and has spent most of its life being exposed to salt water.

Several times a month at least that's what rusted the hinge out, I was thinking of riveting brass hinges on that way no more rust.
    Can when I get home Thursday axl but basically stainless screwed em on where the old ones were. Also screwed a length of vb cord on one side to restrict how far it can swing back. Another 10 yrs now I reckon

Sent from my CPH1715 using Ausfish mobile app

Pics of the new esky's

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Happy Camper

Boys at Icey Tek are keen fishers and were really good to deal with would certainly deal with them again.
    really impressed with the quality of the boxes.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Pics of the new esky's

BigE
    They look really good .....

I will be interested to hear how long you get out of your ice

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

No problem NAGG will post a report after the first trip.

BigE

Any good plastics factory will make a single lid into twin lids in a couple of hours ...complete with partition if needed..Rob

what was the damage on the split lid eskies BigE?

how much moolah? $$$$?

Big E those eskys look great. One query though. Do they make them so that you have options on which side has to be opened first.? The bottom pick shows the split so I assume that esky is on the right so that it can be opened without having to open the left side.

but the esky on the left, is it the opposite? The left side can be opened first?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Big E those eskys look great. One query though. Do they make them so that you have options on which side has to be opened first.? The bottom pick shows the split so I assume that esky is on the right so that it can be opened without having to open the left side.

but the esky on the left, is it the opposite? The left side can be opened first?
    I would be interested myself as in my old, old one, the shorter lid opens first and there is the availability of putting a partition in as there is shallow grooves in the sides to allow it to slide into. Usually keep some cold drinks, bite to eat etc this side so made more sense to me as you werrnt opening the whole thing just grab a coldie but in the pics it looks to be made so the big lids open first.

Hi guys

they come in a left and right so the lid opening can suit which side the esky is on

i paid $ 500 each , priced eva cools they were $860 for 120ltrs split lids.

BigE

cheers for the reply, solid investment me thinks, I love this style of esky/seating, ease of taking out to clean v the ones bolted in / molded with seat at front.

Hi guys

they come in a left and right so the lid opening can suit which side the esky is on

BigE
    Thats actually a pretty good price. I have no doubt that ice will last 4 days at least in those things.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Hi guys

BigE
    That sounds like a pretty good price ...... thanks for the heads up as I know a couple of people that would be keen on a split lid

How good is the seal ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hi NAGG
    overall quality looks really good including the seals.
    Hi Lovey
    yep I don't think temp control will be and issue they look similar in side thickness to my old orange Tropicals and they were pretty good.

BigE