Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who else takes a tackle store with them when fishing

Re: Who else takes a tackle store with them when fishing

I generally have one tackle box............ for each style of fish species, last count was 8 tackle boxes.

Nagg the fact that you have raised this does suggest you have issues, I high recommend hi intensity retail therapy, lucky for you Xmas sales are here and it appears you can be saved by Santa.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    I generally have one tackle box............ for each style of fish species, last count was 8 tackle boxes.

Nagg the fact that you have raised this does suggest you have issues, I high recommend hi intensity retail therapy, lucky for you Xmas sales are here and it appears you can be saved by Santa.

BigE
    I’m currently under therapy......... feeling a bit better too . The discounts have ensured that a double up could be on the cards
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

One of my tackle boxes I call the tackle store.

Guilty as others ,hate to think I might be on the briney and not have tackle assist with what may be on tbe chew !!.
    Areas where we fish you need to be packed n ready lol.

One of the biggest challenges is what to take onto a mates boat when invited. Nothing worse than when they say don't bring anything.

Going to be up at the Whitsundays at Christmas - Plan for it to be a GT popper fishing trip
    But also going to hopefully fish the reef flats for trout ....... on stick baits
    now ... should I pack the jig sticks , micro jigs ? Placcy rods
    Probably should have a couple of trolling out fits ..... could be some macks around
    now if the weather turns - should I take some jack gear ..... ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I’m up here at Airlie as we post and I bought 7 outfits for me and the wife to cover trolling jigging and top water action 2 lights ,2 medium ,2heavy and one extra heavy. Something like 6 mixed size tackle boxes and my 4.5 meter bluefin side console.
    I certainly think I bought too much but I bet I end up buying something else while we are up here for the next couple of weeks .. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I’m up here at Airlie as we post and I bought 7 outfits for me and the wife to cover trolling jigging and top water action 2 lights ,2 medium ,2heavy and one extra heavy. Something like 6 mixed size tackle boxes and my 4.5 meter bluefin side console.
    I certainly think I bought too much but I bet I end up buying something else while we are up here for the next couple of weeks .. Matt
    . So how is the fishing ?
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    . So how is the fishing ?
    Got here yesterday and unpacked the boat and tackled up for an arvo off the rock wall for no results , but changing tactics this arvo . Strong wind warning ⚠️ issued for today and tomorrow but iv got 12 days anyway . See how we go . Matt

I hit the Pine river yesterday with 7 rods in the boat as well as two tackle bags and a tray of vibes.....still was looking for something different.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Got here yesterday and unpacked the boat and tackled up for an arvo off the rock wall for no results , but changing tactics this arvo . Strong wind warning ⚠️ issued for today and tomorrow but iv got 12 days anyway . See how we go . Matt
    Hopefully the weather gods are good to you Matt - keen to hear about your travels ....... If you get over to Whitsundays Island our plan is to camp at Nari's Beach ( Cid Harbour) which we stopped at 20 years ago & looks like a pretty nice spot.
    Are you planning on getting out to the reef ?

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

We are going to head around the islands nothing is out of bounds at this stage it all depends on the wife and my blue fins capability ,I suspect with the right weather the reef proper is on the list we will see . Whitsunday island and all the other islands in the bay are on the hit list ,including lunch at Hamo for the wife and a trip to Whitehaven . We have 22 knots building to 25 this morning then way less tomorrow until next Monday so plenty of chances ,but can we catch anything is the big question.
    Looking out in the bay this morning you would think it is doable ,it always looks great up here but the wind is cold and nasty out on the open waters . Matt