Thread: Lowrance LVR880 -Lowrance customer service or lack of

Lowrance LVR880 -Lowrance customer service or lack of

Hi Guys,

I have a Lowrance LVR880 VHF radio, recently the outer casing on the microphone cable has been cracking and peeling away. It appears the mic is fixed the main unit and can only removed by dismantling same. Contacted Lowrance support to be told "Sorry we do not keep spares for discontinued items" So I have a perfectly good radio that is useless. Makes you confident of buying into the future
    Anybody know of repairers ect in the Brisbane area.

Thanks
    John

Re: Lowrance LVR880 -Lowrance customer service or lack of

I went through similar when my dog chewed through the mic cord on my almost brand new Lowrance Link8. They offered me the cheap replacement deal at about 75% I think but no chance of replacing mic cord. I then looked at replacing the cord through an aftermarket supplier but would have been about $200. I tried repairing the cord but it looked crap and failed soon after. I bought a Link5 for about $230 or something. Nobody fixes stuff anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

"Don't keep spares for discontinued items"..........funniest thing I've heard all week. The muppets don't keep spares - period. The cords aren't replaceable on their sets unless things have changed (sounds like they haven't). If you want a radio that spares are available for (albeit at quite a cost at times) Icom has traditionally been the pick. They actually have real technicians on staff and do fix things if economical to do so.

Try getting a radar fixed," don't repair,but we will sell you a new one". Might try throw away Chinese stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by crautchy View Post
    Try getting a radar fixed," don't repair,but we will sell you a new one". Might try throw away Chinese stuff.
    Yep. They lost me when I was trying to repair a Robertson (now Simrad) pilot that was still a current model at the time for a client. I knew which board was faulty and had a replacement been available the repair would have been about $600. Got the "no parts available - buy a new one at a cost of near $4K" response so the client did buy a new one - of a different brand.

Thanks Guys, I have a Icom vhf in the car --cant fault it. Looks like a marine one coming up