Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1770 - Fitzroy Reef, solo boat ?

Re: 1770 - Fitzroy Reef, solo boat ?

Late reply but yeah we did. Got out to Fitzroy no problems at all, had a fantastic time, caught plenty of yummy fish. Will be back up there in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancair View Post
    Late reply but yeah we did. Got out to Fitzroy no problems at all, had a fantastic time, caught plenty of yummy fish. Will be back up there in a heartbeat.
    This is even later.
    What did you do with your car & trailer? I am considering the same sort of trip for a few days but not sure what to do with the car & trailer.
    Anyone got any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Gravedig - It would be nearly a 200 k.m. round trip from Musgrave to Breaksea in a straight line. You were 25 kms from breaksea and fishing it out of 1770?
    Even later, sorry GBC went OS for a couple of months soon after, just catching up. We left from Hervey Bay, up to Roonies, up towards Musgrave, back to Roonies, across the Breaksea and around Fraser and back to River Heads, Rob burned around 450 litres of fuel in his boat, on a similar trip I burned 335 litres. I was really, just confirming the need for extra fuel, sorry for the confusion.

Our downfall was deciding to raft up with Jason at Roonies and enjoyi g a sherbert or a dozen instead of staying out as planned or anchoring below the lighthouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Even later, sorry GBC went OS for a couple of months soon after, just catching up. We left from Hervey Bay, up to Roonies, up towards Musgrave, back to Roonies, across the Breaksea and around Fraser and back to River Heads, Rob burned around 450 litres of fuel in his boat, on a similar trip I burned 335 litres. I was really, just confirming the need for extra fuel, sorry for the confusion.

Our downfall was deciding to raft up with Jason at Roonies and enjoyi g a sherbert or a dozen instead of staying out as planned or anchoring below the lighthouse.
    Makes much more sense. Cheers.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    Makes much more sense. Cheers.
    Probably had a few sherberts under the belt when I did the initial post, knew what I meant but didn't check that what I wrote made sense.

That Jason's a good one to stay away from I reckon Dignity

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Probably had a few sherberts under the belt when I did the initial post, knew what I meant but didn't check that what I wrote made sense.
    I've never done that
    nil carborundum illegitimi