Thread: Mobile Mechanic Brisbane or Good shop

Question Mobile Mechanic Brisbane or Good shop

G'day all,

Long time reader but this is my first post

I am a proud new owner of a Whittley Cruismaster 700 2005, which is in really good nick. The Pre Purchase inspection and diagnostic were really positive, hence why I decided to buy it.

I am looking for a good Mercruiser mechanic preferably mobile in the Brisbane area, but a shop if highly recommended. I have read the other posts on recommendations but a lot are several years old, so I guess I am looking for more recent recommendations.

The Whittley has a 350 MAG MPI Horizon engine with closed loop freshwater cooling along with a Bravo 3 leg with 150hrs on the clock and diagnostic readout. I am looking for a full services on the motor and leg and an inspection of the manifolds and risers. The Whittley has been dry stored all its life.

Going by what the owner has told me, is that the Manifold and riser have not been removed, and that he usually carried out the services himself. So I would like to get it all serviced by a professional for peace of mind.

Also curious as to the usual price of this work, to be carried out.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Re: Mobile Mechanic Brisbane or Good shop

Hi,
    I've always found Holt Marine on Queens Rd at Everton Hills to offer great service. The guys there have been in the game for a long time and really know their stuff. They are Merc dealers. Not sure if they offer a mobile service though.

You could try Brisbane Marine in Redcliff, they do my mates mercruisers but he does think they are rather ex$$y

Thanks Crunchy, I will give them a call tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by fishizzle View Post
    Hi,
    I've always found Holt Marine on Queens Rd at Everton Hills to offer great service. The guys there have been in the game for a long time and really know their stuff. They are Merc dealers. Not sure if they offer a mobile service though.
    There not to far from my home fishsizzle, I’m might drop in tomorrow and have a look. Ideally a mobile local would be my preference.

I use east coast engineers at manly on my 350 mpi mercruiser. They are a mercruiser agent.