Thread: New outriggers for my other wife

New outriggers for my other wife

Hi all have not been posting much but I think it's time to start again
    just purchased some Henderson outriggers base--pole--and rigging and fitted them to the boat.....
    just needed to get some reinforcing from Bunnings and a couple of extra eye bolts ...
    only problem I have is there is no bolt locking the poles to the base so I'll drill a 8mm hole through them to make sure the poles don't fall out whilst trolling...
    i am so looking forward to summer
    has anybody else got these riggers what do you think about them ..

Total cost was $679. For the lot
    IMG_6716.jpgIMG_6717.jpgIMG_6709.jpgIMG_6711.jpgIMG_6715.jpgIMG_6714.jpgIMG_6708.jpg
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: New outriggers for my other wife

I love mine.

A suggestion for the pole connection, I wrapped the pole with cloth gaffer tape very neatly in 3 rings spaced over the part that inserts. until it was a just snug fit. Then I bought some heavy duty shrink wrap, the kind used to seal a cable join or bundle of joins wire, with the glue heat activated glue impregnated into it, sets solid, of the right diameter and shrunk wrapped about 4inches of shaft and metal part. Has never moved and keeps it clean. Ive got some shrink wrap left over, enough to do a set of riggers, pm me and I'll mail it to you.

EDIT the bases and poles wont seperate, no drilling req'd, get some tension on the halyard for the riggers, thats enough to hold them.