Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2300 noosa cat weight and tow rig

Re: 2300 noosa cat weight and tow rig

Cheers all,
    I would have expected around 1:1 with a 150hp Noosacat give or take a bit.
    I noticed a huge difference in test reports for the 150hp motor on the 2300/2400. Some saying 1:1 others 0.8km/l or worse.
    Maybe that's with factory alloy props out of the box. Doing 400km round trip at 1:1 is much better than 0.8/0.7..

If a 2400kc gets 1:1 with 140 suzukis then nc should do similar with same motor. I don't think there's an enormous difference in weight between the two.

Anyhow, I'm about to be the new owner of a 2300nc with 150's so I'll keep you informed for anyone who ants to know..

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Would be interesting to see the weight differences between the 2400KC and the Noosa cat.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

For comparison - here are the details from our last two trips off 1770.

Seatrek 5900 with 2014 model 115 Suzukis. BMT weight (empty) 2.2 ton - so around 3 ton or a bit over with 350 L fuel, 60 L water, 50 kg ice and way too much fishing and other gear on board.

Each trip with 2 people on board.

Trip 1 (Sykes) - 126NM travelled. 8.5 hours on the motors. 200 litres fuel used - confirmed by dipping tanks. Trip out and first day fishing was in fairly ordinary conditions, but calmed down somewhat for second day and return to port. Averaged out at 1.58 litres per NM.

Trip 2 (Sykes) - 135NM travelled. 8.6 hours on the motors. 190 litres fuel used - again confirmed by dipping tanks. Nice calm conditions for entire trip. Averaged out at 1.40 litres per NM.

cheers

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Short Fuse View Post
    For comparison - here are the details from our last two trips off 1770.

Seatrek 5900 with 2014 model 115 Suzukis. BMT weight (empty) 2.2 ton - so around 3 ton or a bit over with 350 L fuel, 60 L water, 50 kg ice and way too much fishing and other gear on board.

Each trip with 2 people on board.

Trip 1 (Sykes) - 126NM travelled. 8.5 hours on the motors. 200 litres fuel used - confirmed by dipping tanks. Trip out and first day fishing was in fairly ordinary conditions, but calmed down somewhat for second day and return to port. Averaged out at 1.58 litres per NM.

Trip 2 (Sykes) - 135NM travelled. 8.6 hours on the motors. 190 litres fuel used - again confirmed by dipping tanks. Nice calm conditions for entire trip. Averaged out at 1.40 litres per NM.

cheers

Jeff
    I think I need to follow you out next trip Jeff, that's very good economy,around 1.3 km per litre for twin engines I'm sure Al would like to have those figures although normally he uses Yammies.

Cheers Sam

Most welcome to bring your boat along next trip Sam. One of my Deckies took his 6 metre Whittley Fisherman with 175 Zuke along last trip and fished around Boult and Fitzroy. He used 145 litres for just over 24 hours on the water with 3 on board.

Al's last boat went to Toby at Hervey Bay. Speaking to him recently, he is getting slightly better economy out of his 115 Yammies than I am out of the Zukes. He has already placed his order for a second Seatrek from Al. This one will be for his son.

cheers

Jeff

2300 noosa cat weight and tow rig

For Anyone who may be interested.

Towed our 2300 noosacat from Brisbane to mackay (1200km) last week with a 2012 BT-50.
    Totally blown away by how well it towed the boat.
    Easy cruise was 95km/h.could have cruised at 100 but roads are horrible up this way.
    Towed at 100 comfortably along the super flat highway north of Brisbane.

Not 100% sure how much boat weighs just yet.

Airbags under the car are a must.

Returned fuel economy of 19-20l per 100km. Which I think is pretty good considering my previous 3l Navara towed my 18f SC at 85km for 26l/h.

I was afraid I'd need a 200 series to tow new boat(still preferable from power perspective). But ranger/bt-50 are quite sufficient tow cars for their size.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Hi FLEX, i'll be putting some 140 zukes on my 660 in the coming weeks. Not the same engine i know but happy to share fuel figures and performance if you like?