Re: TDL 25 Line capacity?

Picked up the TLD 25 Today.........with voucher.........$101
    Now waiting for mono line, going to give Momoi a go staring out
    ........Gary

Didn't they have line in stock?

Hi Noel,
    After reading some articles here on trolling, the Momoi in blue appeared to be a popular choice,
    The local dealer does have it in stock but not in the Kg I want, will have it in 2 weeks

Most probably not a lot of use in SA but going back to Lucinda Apr/May again next year for another 5 or 6 months,
    Along with my fly fishing, will get a lot of use trolling around Pelorus and out the front of the belt
    .........Gary

5-6 months is a fair old stay! Never done any fishing there, been North and South, but never there, might give it a go one day, that's where the big jetty is isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    5-6 months is a fair old stay! that's where the big jetty is isn't it?
    Yes, fell in love with the area when I retired on a trip back from Weipa, so many options there, Hinchinbrook Channel, endless creeks and rivers, the Sugar Jetty, (from a boat only), out the front of the Sugar Jetty,
    and last but not least, Pelorus Island and The great barrier reef
    I always tent it with adjacent gazebo, unlike NT, the nights are quite cool,
    My Daughter and family will be living in our house while their new house, is being built, my nieces daughters and partners will have look for another house sit this time around
    ........Gary

Thought about a houseboat trip there once, but it never happened, I will have to have a look if/when I get up there again, damn long way to tow a boat from SA....

Your right about the distance, 3000km approx. I usually take 5 - 6 days to travel varies on road and weather conditions and just stay in cabins on the way,
    Don't miss the sand flies!

Which way do you go? I guess you would kind of cut across diagonally and end up in QLD somewhere?

Basically,
    Adelaide-Broken Hill-Cobar-Bourke-Cunnamulla-Blackall-Emerald-Charters Towers-Townsville Bypass-Lucinda
    The the route

Sounds like about the most direct route I guess, most of the roads OK for towing?

IMHO, coming south on the way home, the road between Emerald and Cunnamulla were average, either side of Belyando Crossing was very bumpy, not good with a load in a boat so I had to keep the pace down,
    Even then, I usually sit on about 95km/h, appears to be best for fuel economy in the cruiser ute,

The platypus lo stretch is a good mono. A TLD20 holds 500m of 15kg.

Tka for the heads-up, have already ordered Momoi blue 15kg