Thread: Fish Finder Install - Sydney

Fish Finder Install - Sydney

Hi all,

I was wondering if their are any people from Sydney here who know how to install a Fish Finder in a fibreglass bowrider with an In-Hull transducer?

I am not technical minded at all, and would be willing to pay a nominal fee for someone to physically help with the install. I am well aware there are youtube videos, online instructions etc, but for someone like me these are still way beyond my abilities

Thanks all.

Re: Fish Finder Install - Sydney

bear with me on this...
    first drill the wrong sized hole in the wrong location...now that was the easy bit...seelastic the gaps making sure that the messy gooey stuff gets spread via your fingertips to almost every obvious visible location on the deck..thats progress right there.

Now theres the wiring loom to route along the hull....remember to choose the side away from battery leads etc.DO NOT CUT the transducer lead ..yes its very long but thats so you can coil up the excess in the cabin underneath the monitor so the dog has something to chew on while your baling out the hull because the seelastic hasnt sealed the gap properly.

Next you have to find a power source for the system...generally one wire is red and the other is white or black.....its very important to get this right....the red wire goes to the negative and the white /black wire goes to the positive..or is it the other way round...at this point remember where you fixed the extinguisher..and get it out of the holder...once youve removed the gobs of seelastic from the catch holding the extinguisher...seems to have stuck there ok!! Its important to include a short fuse for when it or you all goes pear shaped....