Thread: whiting and sandies 30/9/17

whiting and sandies 30/9/17

went out Friday arvo and dropped 8 pots in with the oldboy.4 in close and 4 out wide of manly. with the plan of getting a feed of whiting and a feed of crabs we we got both,no real numbers inclose to manly only getting 5 out of 4 pots but got 20 out the pots a bit wider...went over the junction of the rous and small boaties passage for 70 nice whiting all caught on peeled prawns ..some nice fish in the mix to around 30cm and most over the 25cm ..better mention these where diver whiting. we did a couple quick loops with the mackerel gear out for no hits so we headed for home
    cheers rosco
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

Re: whiting and sandies 30/9/17

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    went out Friday arvo and dropped 8 pots in with the oldboy.4 in close and 4 out wide of manly. with the plan of getting a feed of whiting and a feed of crabs we we got both,no real numbers inclose to manly only getting 5 out of 4 pots but got 20 out the pots a bit wider...went over the junction of the rous and small boaties passage for 70 nice whiting all caught on peeled prawns ..some nice fish in the mix to around 30cm and most over the 25cm ..better mention these where diver whiting. we did a couple quick loops with the mackerel gear out for no hits so we headed for home
    cheers rosco
    Hi Rosco

how r u mate.
    Yeah whiting are good over at rous.
    I took a mate out on friday and got 87. Some real nice ones, also round that 30 but most would had been at least 25cm. I was near the red beacon.
    Prob head over thirsday to get some more.
    How ya been? Still hitting those crabs i see.

cheers
    greg

Re: whiting and sandies 30/9/17

gday greg
    yeah I been great.not doing too much in the way of fishing and crabbin these days but still do a trip or 2 a month mainly bay fishin...have downsized from the bigger cats to a 6mtr haines at moment as buying another house ..will be putting more than half the coin of the cats into the new place...still crabbin a bit and this was my first real go for the season. went last weekend over river put 4 pots out for 8 keepers sandies and a cracker muddie..the crabs will really turn it on by end of this week I reckon when the bigger tides come through again...its good just getting back to basics of the bay for a while but am sure next winter ill be trying to hammer the snapps again offshore
    cheers rosco
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab