Thread: 2100 kevlacat

2100 kevlacat

Hello all.
    I know this had been asked before. But I'm in the market for a new cat.
    One boat I'm considering is a 2100. 2400 is just a smidge to big for my needs.

My major concern is the lack of bow access. Anyone owned a 2100 or been on one that can comment?
    How much of a pain was it not being able to stand up front.
    I've read most the threads on here regarding kevelcats. Not much talk about the 2100.

Anyone add their 2 cents worth?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: 2100 kevlacat

Hi Flex

We have a 2100 Kevlacat, to be honest it has never phased us but then again i have never really needed to walk around the bow of any boat i have owned. generally always go through the hatch.

The main benefit is the bigger cab and even though it doesn't sound like much removing the side gunnels it certainly feels a lot bigger inside!

More then welcome to have a look at it if you ever want to. Funny enough it might actually be up for sale soon as i might be looking to buy a block of land up north.

Cheers Dan
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Thanks for the reply Dan.

It's hard to find a lot of owners of 2100 to chat to.
    I've owned a 5.2kc and 560 sharkcat and I tended to walk around the bow a lot to drop anchor or even the occasion plastic at a reef edge.

I'm still in the market for a boat, so if yours is for sale I'd be interested if it's within my budget

How do you find the handling of the 2100?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

I have had a 5.2 and a couple of 2400's and I could live without walking around the outsides, but would miss it especially cleaning the clears. But the 2100 has a great layout with the ice boxes going all the way to the sides of the boat and sleeping cab. It is a great size too, not needing a cruiser to tow it. Not many around though. Be a nice boat with a couple of the new light weight suzuki 100's coming out.

Yeah thats what i found when researching for the 2100, apparently because they were near the price of the 2400 in the end.

We generally have the main rope around the side with anchor in back of boat area, it is a lot more boat i found then the 560 shark cat especially since you have two 6 foot bunks up the front in an enclosed cabin to sleep in.

Plus the 200litre esky and 50 litre esky under the chairs.

it is our first cat coming from a mono was actually quite surprised at how easy they are to drive and how it doesn't have any bad habits at all.

If you like night fishing this would be the best boat i have ever night fished out of as ours has the Hardtop its really nice and cosy and good to fish at night time to stay out of the cold wind.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

2100 kevlacat

Thanks for the reply guys.
    The 560 shark cat I sold was probably the best in the country. So it was a hard choice to get rid of. Being podded sportsman model with upgraded kevlacat pods on and full rebuild Was hard to let it go. But I want a bit more family friendly boat.

After waking over a 2100 it is slightly larger boat than SC.

Anyone been in 5.2 , 2100 and 2400 compare? As I have only been in 5.2 and 6.2 kevlacat.

I think one of the cq boys on here did a full comprehensive and unbiased report of his 2100. Just can't quite remember the name but I'm sure he'd fished a bit with extreme boony.

PM frosti, he has one I believe

Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Attachment 126156

hAttachment 126156i

Hi all, saw this on gumtree. I used to have a Noosacat 2600 hardtop. Looking for something smaller but never had a KC and know very little about them except what I’ve read in a couple of KC 2100 threads here. Looking for any opinions on this particular boat. Is the price reasonable? Are 115 yammies OK for this model? Any timber issues to be wary of? Any opinions gratefully received. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Deekay65 View Post
    Attachment 126156

hAttachment 126156i

Hi all, saw this on gumtree. I used to have a Noosacat 2600 hardtop. Looking for something smaller but never had a KC and know very little about them except what I’ve read in a couple of KC 2100 threads here. Looking for any opinions on this particular boat. Is the price reasonable? Are 115 yammies OK for this model? Any timber issues to be wary of? Any opinions gratefully received. Cheers
    Can't help you but your pics didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Can't help you but your pics didn't work.

Bugger. Thanks for letting me know

Why not look into a 560 sharkcat? could do a resto and get one exactly how you want it?