Thread: Haines Hunter vs the rest

Haines Hunter vs the rest

Hi gents,

I've been looking at getting into another new boat recently and the Haines Hunter 565R has made it quite high on the list. I was fairly set on purchasing, although everyone I've spoken to has commented that the pricing on these things is off the charts and that I need my head checked. I might have tunnel vision, anyone around here want to comment?

5.65m boat, 150hp (Merc or ETEC G2), all in with electronics around the $90k mark. They start around 70ish in pov pack spec I believe, but once you tick a few options it gets up there pretty quickly. Some items do seem batshit crazy if I'm honest, like windscreen grab rail for 900 bucks or seat boxes for half a grand a piece. You even have to pay for things like foot rests, not even the boarding ladder is standard.

So I start thinking, in the same price range..
    - Whittley SL20
    - Haines Signature 575F
    - 6m Surtees/Bar Crusher
    - Cruise Craft 575

Thoughts? I really like the 565R but I'm beginning to think the spec I want is just too damn expensive for what it is.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Haines Hunter vs the rest

All great looking boats mate. A couple of other boats to your list is the cootacraft gunshot and edencraft 565R.
    A few years back I looked into getting the gunshot built and surprisingly was cheaper than other "big name" boats I was looking at.

Might be something for you to look at if you're not in a hurry.
    Happy hunting.

What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    . Gold. Don't let Stang see it - he'll get upset.

+1 for that cruise craft 595 linked above... they are something you have to see up close to appreciate just how awesome they are.

Mate of mine bought a Haines 760 new a couple of years ago. It is in getting floor and stringers replaced at the moment. Reminiscent of a thread here several years ago, with another faulty HH product.

Just wondering how so much water could access the stringers? Was it stored in a humid shed, or bung kept in? or similar.?

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Just wondering how so much water could access the stringers? Was it stored in a humid shed, or bung kept in? or similar.?
    a boat builder friend of mine observed that over the years he reckoned he repaired more boats that had been damaged by rainwater lying in the boat than by seawater rushing past it. It may not have applied to this particular vessel...but your point is very much on the money..you'd want to know how it had been used and stored before accepting that its a dodgy build problem..