Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing trips out from Rainbow offshore

Re: Fishing trips out from Rainbow offshore

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    I'm keen, i work week on week off so date would have to fall then, I'm a bit of a noob though so I would frustrate the pros 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    I gather the old cat is going well. Have you finished all the bits and pieces on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I gather the old cat is going well. Have you finished all the bits and pieces on it yet.
    Is going ok but have an issue with the right side fuel tank being dirty and clogging up fuel filters, have drained it and put 5l of fuel doctors and 180l of fuel so see how it looks when I take a sample next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Is going ok but have an issue with the right side fuel tank being dirty and clogging up fuel filters, have drained it and put 5l of fuel doctors and 180l of fuel so see how it looks when I take a sample next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Have you replaced the fuel lines to the motors, they do break down after only 2 or 3 years and the inner lining starts to separate especially with that E10 crap.

Yeah all fuel lines replaced, when I originally drained tank I only siphoned from the pick up because i didn't have a pump and forgot they don't sit right on the bottom so I probably missed the worst stuff, I would guess it probably still had a few litres of 20 year old fuel sitting in the tank

Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Hi guys I’m keen. 6m Haines with a 300km range so keen on the big trips.

Yeah all fuel lines replaced, when I originally drained tank I only siphoned from the pick up because i didn't have a pump and forgot they don't sit right on the bottom so I probably missed the worst stuff, I would guess it probably still had a few litres of 20 year old fuel sitting in the tank

Drop a lit match down into the tank. i find that tends to get rid of any excess fuel. PS this is a joke. Don't try this at home.

I'm interested also, have 6m Baysport Offshore - keep me posted, thanks - Darren

Well boys, I can safely assure you, you didn't miss a thing!!!... Got out the first day, but ran head on into a storm, fish had shutdown, storm chased us through about 20 marks for Naff All.

Rest of the week was like the tail end of a cyclone.

Regards
    Honda.

interesting Honda, had a mate go out and got 3 solid cobia and a good box on Sunday I think. you may have seen the photos, Mark B on AC.
    you should have hit me up.
    north is the way to go once out of the bar.
    micmac

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Well boys, I can safely assure you, you didn't miss a thing!!!... Got out the first day, but ran head on into a storm, fish had shutdown, storm chased us through about 20 marks for Naff All.

Rest of the week was like the tail end of a cyclone.

Regards
    Honda.
    ah bugger mate. Next time...

Quote Originally Posted by clevelandv8 View Post
    interesting Honda, had a mate go out and got 3 solid cobia and a good box on Sunday I think. you may have seen the photos, Mark B on AC.
    you should have hit me up.
    north is the way to go once out of the bar.
    micmac
    Yeah unfortunately that was the next weekend..

Regards
    Honda

If there's a dockup to happen inside lagoon in future let me know. Don't mind a social dockup or 2.