Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anyone using lead crystal battery?

Re: Anyone using lead crystal battery?

Thanks Ed the battery on convrete was just a old hand me down bit of advice from the 90's

Crunchy i bought a AGM battery for a dirt bike i owned it came fully charged i lost interest in the bike it sat in my shed for 9 or 11 months from memory i wheeled it out and she fired right up could not believe it, if that was a regular battery it would have been flat after 2 months

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Hands up the people that own lead crystal batters and have a charger that delivers the specified volts and currents and program to suit LC batteries.....not one that "will do the job" like Redarc states.

My bet is none of you have.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Hands up the people that own lead crystal batters and have a charger that delivers the specified volts and currents and program to suit LC batteries.....not one that "will do the job" like Redarc states.

My bet is none of you have.
    correct....but have you ever tried to source one?

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    I think the " don't leave them on the concrete" came from way back in the days when the batteries cases was made out of a rubberised compound and they had a slight electrical leak which would discharge the battery quicker, nowadays the case is made out of plastic so not relevant from today's point of view, but I think that being on a concrete floor would chill the battery more, especially now that we are in winter and batteries don't like the cold temps if they are borderline.
    I think it's in line with the old ... "dont take banana's on boats" .

Both have some element of truth to them .......... a couple of hundred plus years ago

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    correct....but have you ever tried to source one?
    Yes I did and could not locate even one that delivered the required parameters.....hence I went back to 270ah lead acid batteries.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Yes I did and could not locate even one that delivered the required parameters.....hence I went back to 270ah lead acid batteries.
    yeh now ya tell me

Might try a high amp charger to kick it in the guts and see if it can be recovered, tried recovery mode on my 7amp c-tek but its not up to the task - just a pesky red error light the next day.
    Out of interest I'd hook it up in parallel with another fully charged battery using heavy leads then make a run for it, give it half an hour then try it again with your battery charger.

If you get a result you may be able to revive it then by giving it a few full charge/discharge cycles.
    It's ability to charge, hold a charge & load testing would tell the story.

Have you measured the open circuit Voltage at it's battery terminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    Out of interest I'd hook it up in parallel with another fully charged battery using heavy leads then make a run for it, give it half an hour then try it again with your battery charger.

If you get a result you may be able to revive it then by giving it a few full charge/discharge cycles.
    It's ability to charge, hold a charge & load testing would tell the story.

Have you measured the open circuit Voltage at it's battery terminals?
    it’s sitting around 10.5 V. I now got two dual purpose optima’s which is what I should have done in the first place