Thread: rouse saturday

rouse saturday

left manly at 6am, myself solo, 1 mate solo and 2 in other boat

with the sw blowing small ships channel/rouse area we were drifting 1.9mph, and nothing biting bar 2 toads between 3 boats

when the wind dropped /changed direction about 8-15 we started to get a few, after a recount i got 39, mates didnt fare as well though they all got a decent feed for a few meals
    size wise there were some fat whiting, not the 30cm plus variety but some good fish amongst them

we had a visit from the marine parks with water police onboard, think small tinny with 2onboard got booked for fishing green zone, we were all good with gear and location
    about 1 hour or so later the police barge from redlands turns up, after i informed them most of us had already been checked they said sorry, lack of communication and went about their business....good to see them out and about though

cheers
    Robsue

Re: rouse saturday

Quote Originally Posted by robsue View Post
    left manly at 6am, myself solo, 1 mate solo and 2 in other boat

with the sw blowing small ships channel/rouse area we were drifting 1.9mph, and nothing biting bar 2 toads between 3 boats

when the wind dropped /changed direction about 8-15 we started to get a few, after a recount i got 39, mates didnt fare as well though they all got a decent feed for a few meals
    size wise there were some fat whiting, not the 30cm plus variety but some good fish amongst them

we had a visit from the marine parks with water police onboard, think small tinny with 2onboard got booked for fishing green zone, we were all good with gear and location
    about 1 hour or so later the police barge from redlands turns up, after i informed them most of us had already been checked they said sorry, lack of communication and went about their business....good to see them out and about though

cheers
    Robsue
    hi Robin

i thought the weather was going to turn on saturday so i just went to nudgee.
    After 3 hrs it turned to shit. Ended up with 35.
    I find incoming is best at nudgee and we were there on run out.

Size wasnt to bad.