Thread: Etec G2 150-300hp recall

Etec G2 150-300hp recall

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...tboard-engines

What are the defects?

The nuts on the gearcase and the exhaust housing extension (if applicable), may become loose, allowing the gearcase assembly to detach from the outboard engine.

What are the hazards?

This may initiate an abrupt change in direction and loss of steering, which could cause serious injury or even death.
    What should consumers do?

Consumers should contact their nearest Evinrude/Johnson dealer and make an appointment to have their Evinrude® E-TEC® G2 150-300 HP outboard models serviced.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Ausfish Bronze Member

Re: Etec G2 150-300hp recall

This only applies to engines built in June and July 2017.

How?

How could a company such as this send out motors with such a massive fault?
    Any ground the G2s may have clawed back from the Etec reliability issue has just been lost.

Ok plenty of manufactures have recalls don't think this will hurt them at all at least they are claiming responsibility unlike other manufactures.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

bah i work for an OEM (not outboards) recalls are part of the quality of manufacturing and happen with all products (even artificial hips)
    It could be as simple as they had a retard on the bolt station for those months before they promoted him to management, worked out he was doing it wrong, and recalled.
    Quality certification is very important to OEM's so knee jerk reactions happen all the time. Might have been only a few failures.

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    bah i work for an OEM (not outboards) recalls are part of the quality of manufacturing and happen with all products (even artificial hips)
    It could be as simple as they had a retard on the bolt station for those months before they promoted him to management, worked out he was doing it wrong, and recalled.
    Quality certification is very important to OEM's so knee jerk reactions happen all the time. Might have been only a few failures.
    There may have been no failures but pickup by owners or dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

I thought it might be that some dealers are installing them on the wrong end of the boat. The anchor is meant to be at the front

Holy crap, even on artificial hips! Does that mean my right leg is at risk of detaching from the pelvis. Now thats definitely going to cause an abrupt change in direction and a loss of steering, not to mention a serious reduction in thrust. Im off to get my bolts checked.