Thread: F300 - reducing shaft length from 30" to 25"

F300 - reducing shaft length from 30" to 25"

Hi guys,

Have a couple of F300s to throw on the new boat however both are 30" UL and require them to be 25" XL.

I have done this before however require any suggestions as to whom in the Brisbane area would best be able to help me out with this?

I assume with the F300's, it's a case of adjusting or replacing the driveshaft and removing the 5" spacer?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: F300 - reducing shaft length from 30" to 25"

Move the mountain to Mohommed! Just put a plate/ box on the transom. Will keep the powerheads higher too which is a bonus

I don't think there will be a spacer, you will need a drive shaft, gear shift shaft, water tube, possibly bolts and however they extend the casing on that model, most are the mid section is a different casting, have a good look and see if there is a spacer, but I don't think so.

I did this with an old f225 I once had, however both the driveshafts and gear selectors were cut and welded by a fabricator, then just removed the spacer.

But the newer F300s may be different so I'll check when they arrive this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    Move the mountain to Mohommed! Just put a plate/ box on the transom. Will keep the powerheads higher too which is a bonus
    Any ideas on best jack plates in Brisbane? Not after anything fancy, just strong really.

PM sent .......................
    What could go wrong.......................

it doesnt even need to be a jacking plate (that to me says adjustable. I had an aluminum upside down U welded up that slipped over transom. Or if you want a bit of set back (which might come in handy in the well when you trim up) just a not very deep aluminium box out of plate from any welder i.e 100mm further back. bottom bolt of engine can still go all the way through. top bolt just bolts into box. extend the plate down a bit furter and throw another bolt in. can make it as wide as you think it needs to be for strength.

I used a CMC Jack Plate (https://www.cmcsales.com.au/) on my 90hp a few years back for the same reason. Sorry about the pic, can't work out how to rotate!

Attachment 116256

Thanks guys.

Thinking something like this???

To replace these. 2100 hours out of the old F225's