Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off shore with an ipilot

Re: Off shore with an ipilot

Quote Originally Posted by nidrac View Post
    Yeah mate mine turned up 2.5 weeks ago.
    Put it through its paces on the weekend and am very impressed! fitted to a 6.2m boat in 15-20knt winds and current and didn't move more than a couple meters over a few hours.
    Hi nidrac
    What size unit do you have in the 6.2m boat?

Sent from my XT1580 using Ausfish mobile app

Still_Dreamin

I've mounted mine on a 6.2m Yaltacraft which haven't got much room on the nose so put it above the anchor on the nose leaving enough room for the anchor to still be left on the front so if we camp overnight can still use it. This is a brand new boat though so asked for bow rails not to put on because i was planning to put the minn kota on the front and didn't want the hassle of getting it to work around them.

Minn kota mount 1.jpgMinn Kota mount 3.jpg

Ashtom
    I'm using the 112lb 72" Ulterra and it does it with ease.

Thanks nidrac. That looks sweet. Do you have much if an issue with the prop cavitation when it comes out of the water? Is that a custom mount over the anchor?

Quote Originally Posted by nidrac View Post
    Still_Dreamin

I've mounted mine on a 6.2m Yaltacraft which haven't got much room on the nose so put it above the anchor on the nose leaving enough room for the anchor to still be left on the front so if we camp overnight can still use it. This is a brand new boat though so asked for bow rails not to put on because i was planning to put the minn kota on the front and didn't want the hassle of getting it to work around them.

Minn kota mount 1.jpgMinn Kota mount 3.jpg

Ashtom
    I'm using the 112lb 72" Ulterra and it does it with ease.
    Thanks for the info and photos nidrac

Sent from my XT1580 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Thanks nidrac. That looks sweet. Do you have much if an issue with the prop cavitation when it comes out of the water? Is that a custom mount over the anchor?
    No worries, that mount is a custom job I got done up, I'm stoked with how well it looks and functions.

The prop does break surface every now and then if its really sloppy (around 20knt winds) and everyone's standing at the back but isn't enough to make it wonder from the mark. We wouldn't be comfortable fishing in those conditions we just went out to see if it could handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtom View Post
    Thanks for the info and photos nidrac
    No worries.

fished with one of these with a friend and was very impressed ..but to me there are service and reliability questions and damage and theft possibilities..particularly on the self launching model...certainly in the states there have been issues with longevity of the gears on the launch mechanism..

Just wonder in a couple of years if we will see these mounted in new hulls as retractable bow thrusters mounted inside the cabin.

CH Smith have 60 inch shaft 36v terrova st on special for $1899. Absolute steal at that price.
    Cheers
    Ray

Yep if you have room for 3 batteries it's very cheap. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by mace01 View Post
    Go for a 36V Lithium (LiFePO4) battery setup and you'll triple the time out on the water. You could probably go all weekend without a charge and save a heap of weight. Mat.
    With what amp would you mean for 36v of Lifepo4 ?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk