Thread: 200m drop out of Caloundra

200m drop out of Caloundra

Just thought I would share a small bit of video from my last trip out, this was on the 5/6 Sept 2017. We caught 3 fish, approx 18, 25 & 30kg on the Wednesday and 3 more, approx 18, 6 & 4kg on the Thursday. We stayed overnight on Shallow tempest for nil fish. The video is sped up to show these 2 fish. They were hooked about 5 minutes apart. Complete video went for 22minutes. The 2 shown are the 25kg first then the 30kg.
    Bloody hard work but fun.
    The 2 in the final pic are both 18kg. I wasn't strong enough at that point to hold 2 bigger ones.

I hope you enjoy it

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: 200m drop out of Caloundra

Great video Lee. Out of interest, how far off the coast do you have to go to reach 200M??
    Tony

Hi Tony, mate I was 54km due east of Caloundra bar. Pretty flat country really.
    I am coming up to Noosa to have a go early next month. I have been given a mark in 180m for snapper so if the weather is reasonable, I'll try that mark then continue. I'll start sounding around the 200m and stop no deeper than 250m. It seems to drop away a bit quicker off Noosa? Have you tried the deeper water up there?

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Lee, How are they on the fang, with this wind you wont be going out for a while. I have an Electric reel 😉, happy to come out for a day.

Yeh mate they are good eating, we over cooked the first lot and it was tough but the next lot was perfect.

Won't be any fishing now until early October, getting the boat out onto the trailer tomorow to tidy a few things up before I go away.

I haven't crossed over to the electrics yet, will see how serious we get.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Cheers, we need to catch up for that beer.

Alvey's in 200 meters? You need to add Benny Hill music to the sound track. Nice fish, by the way.

Awesome video lads! Especially liked the great footage of the dolphins,at the start. Very cool!.

200m drop out of Caloundra

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post

Just thought I would share a small bit of video from my last trip out, this was on the 5/6 Sept 2017. We caught 3 fish, approx 18, 25 & 30kg on the Wednesday and 3 more, approx 18, 6 & 4kg on the Thursday. We stayed overnight on Shallow tempest for nil fish. The video is sped up to show these 2 fish. They were hooked about 5 minutes apart. Complete video went for 22minutes. The 2 shown are the 25kg first then the 30kg.
    Bloody hard work but fun.
    The 2 in the final pic are both 18kg. I wasn't strong enough at that point to hold 2 bigger ones.

I hope you enjoy it

Cheers
    Lee

Hey Lee
    Mate & I live in caloundra & want to go looking in the deep like you any hints would be helpful .We can be contacted online through ausfish or Email satchellstephen@gmail.com thanks for your time

If you come up with any ideas we are going to try on New years day 01/10/2018

Quote Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
    If you come up with any ideas we are going to try on New years day 01/10/2018
    Gday Stephen, I have PM you