Thread: Garmin echomap 70dv no trail

Garmin echomap 70dv no trail

Nor sure if anybody is a Garmin expert. I am having problems with getting a trail on my 70DV, it was working fine up until the last few trips. I have checked the manual and I have done what it said however the trail won't appear. Tried a heap of other things to no avail. Not sure if anybody else has had this problem??? May have to contact Garmin, not sure what their customer service is like???

Berger

Re: Garmin echomap 70dv no trail

Hey mate . check to see if your user data is full "you only have so many points you can use before the system is full and wont record any more"

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

I'm no expert, but in a side note, is it alright to play around with finder while out of water. I think I read something that you can ruin transducer but not sure.

Sorry to hijack

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

its especially important to not run "chirp" sonar out of the water. and its recommended not to run traditional sonar out of the water. if you put your unit into demo mode, this will stop the transmission whilst allowing you to play around with settings.
    home-settings-system-simulator-on

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Moose. One of the first things I did, cleared it all and there is no data in there. Has got me, can't figure it out. I think I will need to go fishing to check it anyway as it needs to be moving. Suppose I could tow it behind the car. Good excuse to go out this weekend. Let me know if you come up with anymore ideas.