Classifieds

Are NMEA t-pieces and drop lines interchangable?

For example can I replace my damaged Garmin branded t-piece and drop line with a lowrance branded or generic one for the GMI10?

Re: Are NMEA t-pieces and drop lines interchangable?

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    For example can I replace my damaged Garmin branded t-piece and drop line with a lowrance branded or generic one for the GMI10?
    Tees - Electrically - yes. No issues at all and they plug in no worries. Physically - they have a different orientation in regards to the mounting hole. They will plug in but if you then try to screw them to a flat surface to securely mount them, you will torque a connection and break it.

The drop cables are entirely interchangeable.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

Thanks mate, funnily enough that's exactly what happened! Damn that Garmin silly angle

Thanks mate, funnily enough that's exactly what happened! Damn that Garmin silly angle
    Don't feel too bad Crunchy - seen it all before - more than once even
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

yep Garmin likes to be a bit funky to make it a happy time wiring up Garmin to existing Navico or Maetron etc.... lol. cheeky buggers!

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Can't recall where I saw them but the solid bar 4-way tee's (thank you Scott) look like a good idea instead of joining seperately tee's.

Can't recall where I saw them but the solid bar 4-way tee's (thank you Scott) look like a good idea instead of joining seperately tee's.
    Navico and Maretron both have them. There is also an Actisense one as well as a "hub" similar to the Furuno one that does away with Tees all together.