Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin 7410xsv

Garmin 7410xsv

I have recently installed a Garmin 7410xsv and gt51 tranducer in my boat and not having much luck getting readings over 15kmph and over 50m even a 2kmph it doesnt look right. I wondering if it could be the intake for the deck pump? Ive tried moving the transducer up down and every where ive posted some pictures...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Bronze Member Red October's Avatar

Re: Garmin 7410xsv

Looking at the first photo the transducer looks to be a bit high relative to the hull. Also the rear of the transducer should be lower than the front otherwise you tend to get turbulence and hence poor readings. I would not think the intake for the pump would be the problem looks a fairly good distance away, the one on my boat is closer.

Ok ill give it a go! I thought the transducer had to be sort of 50/50 inline with the hull?? Thats why i put it at that level... and ill change that tilt too see if that makes a difference

Interested in how this turns out as I have the same problem and had it installed last week by some very experienced professionals. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement as I spent an absolute fortune on this set up to find it doesn't work.

Garmin31.jpgGarmin41 2.jpgGarmin12 2.jpg

please make sure your system has the latest updates....(how long have they been in the box 1year that means about 4-6 updates.) the first does look a bit high and as mentioned needs to tilt down on the trailing edge slightly as for yours almako I had 3 tm150's burn out due to a update the head unit was frying the transducer and it took 4 months to sort it ......sooooo painful mine was giving the same images as yours
    hope this helps
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Looks to be a poor install, as mentioned, rear of transducer ever so slightly lower than the front then keep moving it down until clear... possible fit a spray sheild if throwing up a lot of water

Did the seller not go through some setup settings with you?
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Nah the seller went through nothing with me i just hollowed the instructions and then have just been looking on forums ect... havent had a chance to get back out to test it but this weekend is looking good hopefully i can get a image!

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Interested in how this turns out as I have the same problem and had it installed last week by some very experienced professionals. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement as I spent an absolute fortune on this set up to find it doesn't work.

Garmin31.jpgGarmin41 2.jpgGarmin12 2.jpg
    Didn't you have issues with your Furuno getting it to work at speed as well ?

Yep JRC FF60 though it is a through hull transducer.
    Thought this new tech would solve the problem, should have saved my money
    Oh and the JRC hold bottom no problem, different issue / interference.

Yep JRC FF60 though it is a through hull transducer.
    Thought this new tech would solve the problem, should have saved my money
    Oh and the JRC hold bottom no problem, different issue / interference.
    Any pics of the transducer install. Like I said before - some boats are just problem children. Had a mates haines 17C that I personally had 4 goes at before trying a "right out of left field" solution that worked a treat

I've got sea trials tomorrow arvo with the installer, see how that goes. I'll post some pics if that doesn't pan out. Cheers

I've got sea trials tomorrow arvo with the installer, see how that goes. I'll post some pics if that doesn't pan out. Cheers
    Almako if you don't get any joy, try Garmin's new in-hull transducer the GT15M. It shoots through alloy as well as glass - no need to drill holes. There's a video on the Team CruiseCraft web site under Tips and Tricks. Have a look at some of the screen shots in the video - holding bottom at 47km/h and 62km/h in shallow. Here's a useful link: http://teamcruisecraft.com.au/tips-a...ull-transducer
    Best of luck - hope this helps. Regards

So i moved the sounder lower and tilted it down at the back seems to be working abit better but im going to hit up the supplier again and see what they say

Does like look right aswell??? I would of thought to of seen individual species not just clutter 1504760680251.jpg

I'd be happy with that for sure