Thread: 1HDT 2006 landcruiser ute

Ausfish Bronze Member willfraser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1HDT 2006 landcruiser ute

Hey all time to upgrade from the 75 series, anyone on here still currently use the 79 series landcruiser and can give me some idea on engine capability for towing a 6m plate boat up Fraser and long distance towing? Thanks

Venturin' wide

Re: 1HDT 2006 landcruiser ute

The 1hdfte is the best engine Toyota has made, will not have any problems towing up the beach!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Hi Will have a 2013 model (110000 km) normally fully loaded to max gcm 6500 kg roughly have done trips out to 1300 km for work no problems power wise except on hills as you would expect don't know how it goes on sand haven't taken it there but it will drink fuel getting around 5.5-6 k to the litre

Blog Entries

I thought so Skusto, it's the last year they were made so it improves my keenness to buy this thing! And Jason I believe the the 2013 would be the V8 still a option for me but a bit out of my price range at the moment, thanks for the info!

No worries thought when you said 79 series you where talking about the latest model they have to many variations for the one thing really

Blog Entries

They do mate the pre 06 factory turbos were officially a 79 but I've heard the new ones called 79's too

Blog Entries

We use the v8's in the mines they go very hard

Yes in the manual they also have them with a 78 prefix put a gvm upgrade on it when I bought it as I was doing a lot of work on drilling rigs worse thing out it's like a cut snake on ice at times to hold on the road have thought of derating it but cost me 5 g to do it

78 series is Troopcarrier,79 series is ute in 6cyl models . V8 ones are VDJ 78 Troopcarrier & VDJ79 ute
    If thats any help.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Blog Entries

Thanks for verifying mick and I've found a 2008 ute I'm interested in, I'm considering it but would love a 1hdt, has anyone got a v8 about around the 300000k mark without any hassles, I heard the earlier ones dusted out easy and I hope I don't do a starter motor in it

What motor is in your 75 series ute?
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Quote Originally Posted by willfraser View Post
    Thanks for verifying mick and I've found a 2008 ute I'm interested in, I'm considering it but would love a 1hdt, has anyone got a v8 about around the 300000k mark without any hassles, I heard the earlier ones dusted out easy and I hope I don't do a starter motor in it

Would stay with the fte if I was you and it's not ridiculously over priced as they normally are cause they are so sort after.

The earlier v8s I hear did have some issues but it's only word of mouth don't know anyone personally but know a few with the fte engines and yes they are reliable as they come! If you look after them of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Its not that the VDJ79 is a bad truck/engine. You just see a lot of engines for sale as the replacement parts cost an arm, leg and a kidney.

Will, are you referring to the 1HDFTE engine in the 79? Or are you wanting to remove a 1HZ from the 79 and upgrade it to a 1HDT?

If it is the later... Then the 1HDT is one of the most underrated engines out there. Easily comparable to the 1hdft and 1hdfte. But none of them are much fun in standard form. Which is exactly why I would go the 1HDT and some power mods.