Thread: Vinyl rib flooring

Vinyl rib flooring

Anybody have feedback on that vinyl rib flooring?
    Does it slip, comfort, cleanable etc? Thanks for any input
    Cheers
    John

Sent from my SM-T350 using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Vinyl rib flooring

Not sure of the stuff your talking about but I just ordered some of that Chinese Faux teak Eva foam flooring to see what it's like, only cost $240 so if it's shit it's no great loss and I'll just rip it off and paint some kiwigrip instead

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

http://matworld.com.au/mats-matting/vynalitetubemat/
    Looking at this type of stuff

G'day
    I fitted heronaire to my last boat as the gel coat section of the floor was very slippery when with the slightest bit of blood and guts etc. I really liked it for comfort under foot (not with bare feet though) and fixed the slip factor. It's big draw back was cleaning, hard to clean and if you use a pressure cleaner it diverts the spray and you end up with blood and guts in the side pockets. Also fish guts wraps around it, hooks get caught in it. Taking it out can be a pain depending on size and joins. I'm much much happier now with a deck that is slightly textured gel coat and quite slip free and a breeze to clean. This is not something I've done but just a characteristic of our current boat (kevlacat)

I've had various deck coverings over the years and didn't like them, not in hindsight anyway, at the time I tolerated them but carpet and mats etc all create as more issues than they fix in my opinion. If I ever strike the same problem again I would look at the fixed smooth coverings or recoating the deck with a non slip finish.
    Cheers
    Rod

I like carpet, but it's hard to clean and the worst part is when doing an overnighter it's shitty having a wet floor

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

G'day Docaster
    It is great underfoot while fishing and does not retain blood and guts, very easy to hit with the deck wash to clear away all the blood from any new occupants coming aboard. That is why I fitted it to my boats floor.
    No smells or tid bits afterwards to attract ants and critters to your boat after all the cleaning up from a days battle.
    A great cost effective option.

Cheers
    Jim.
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

Have found the tube mat great underfoot, maybe a bit cooler than carpet (as it sits off the floor a bit) and easier to clean than carpet. Ended up putting silicon in each of the ends of the tube just in case anything gets inside the tubes.

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Docaster look up All Matting Solutions at Coopers Plains. Last time I was there they were the cheapest around by far. Right click attachment to open in new window.
    Attachment 116107
    Cheers
    Jim
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF