Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underwater transom leds

Underwater transom leds

Hi looking to get some bright transom led's (blue). Like the look of the blue line polycarbonate with aluminium back (aluminium hull) but I think I can get ocean led at a discount which are also quality. What lumens do you have, how do you find them? Was hoping to just get two, and go reasonably bright. I'd prefer surface mount.

Re: Underwater transom leds

Unless something has changed recently, OceanLED are pretty pricey for what they are. Lumitec Seablaze series (in particular Seablaze X) is extremely popular in the US, I have a pair on my rig, been flawless and much brighter than my old OceanLEDs.

There's a marine led fitting manufacturer in Queensland, I've forgotten the name, the quality looks awesome and its Australian made.
    Ticks all the boxes but I rang up and lost interest very quick after I was told the price. I think their market is more the luxury yacht market, not the trailer boat market.
    I've also considered the cheaper alternatives but not sure about actual output in the water.
    When quoted x amount of watts or lumens it can easily be skewed by many things.
    E.g. Voltage calculated 12 or 13.8 v.
    LED type
    Distance of measurement
    Etc.
    I'll search the seablaze x ones for a look but is there a model that flush mounts ? Most the LED fittings I've seen must be designed for a bracket because the rear of the fitting is not flush.

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.

https://h2oglo.com.au

These look ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably thinking of Aqualuma 552Evo. Based at Helensvale. I bought some cheapy's from Boating & Rv for the tinnie. Seem to go alright. The Victory is a squid free zone LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lenrok View Post
    https://h2oglo.com.au

These look ok!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They do look good, and priced good too.

Saltwater fishing, boat mad but has a job that gets in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Probably thinking of Aqualuma 552Evo. Based at Helensvale. I bought some cheapy's from Boating & Rv for the tinnie. Seem to go alright. The Victory is a squid free zone LOL.
    Yeah I thought u might be thinking of aqualuma as well. I think they are expensive for what they are and not that bright. These, although still expensive, kick their butt in output and still have the superyacht models.
    https://www.jpwmarine.com.au/product....aspx#tab4-tab
    Check out the manufacturer's website for some of the superyacht fitouts.

Thanks for the seablaze and h2glo links. Both look good. I might ring the h2glo guy seeing as he's local for a chat.

I've been led to believe that Green is the best colour for squid, I've got blue ones and although a couple come within range it never seems to work as well as I though it could.

I always thought the blue or green lights attracted the baitfish which in turn attracted the squid.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Another vote for the Seablaze X recently installed - I bought the blue and white with various modes. Can buy for a fair bit cheaper direct from the US. I looked at some sort of Aqualuma but at $900 a piece - no thanks.

green defo the go for squid. squid boats use either green or white.
    Blue is more for reflecting of bare breasts and atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    green defo the go for squid. squid boats use either green or white.
    Blue is more for reflecting of bare breasts and atmosphere
    Blue it is then

Can u day Where did u get seablaze X from and rough price?

If you are prepared to spend u can go Multicolor with a control panel. Can modulate with your music for disco effect, move to green for squid/ fishing in dirty water/ change to blue for that late night skinny dip with backpackers 😀it would all be worth the money watching it all as the boat gently tuggs at its.anchor.on a calm night