Thread: cairns custom

cairns custom

Interested in the cairns custom craft plate boat 4 to 5 meter ,barra tracker and super punts ,have any members had any experience with these set ups owned one or been fishing in one. looking into replacing hornet. wondered about performance, ride etc thanks for any feedback yamp

Re: cairns custom

Yamp, PM sent

Daz

Thanks for the reply daz, pretty interesting just speculating about a boat change at this stage, doing some research its good getting some real feed back instead of the everythings great boat book reviews

There are a few guides use them in townsville area and at least one of them is at least on his third or fourth
    Stuie
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Quote Originally Posted by STUIE63 View Post
    There are a few guides use them in townsville area and at least one of them is at least on his third or fourth
    Stuie
    G'day
    I'm looking at a 5m cc ccc at the weekend
    Running a f100 yammie
    Hard to find any decent reviews on them
    Any other comments?

For Beach launching and inshore fishing

Thanks
    dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Yamp, it's a little bigger but I used to take clients fishing the Jardine and Jacky Jacky in a 5.8m cairns custom craft Barra boat with a 60hp hammy 4 stroke tiller steer. Without doubt the best tinny I've ever been in. 5 big blokes could stand up in the thing casting lures and it was as stable as anything, very fuel efficient too. Didn't have very high sides so was definitely a purpose built creek boat. Since then I've bought a 4.3 custom craft and it too is a brilliant boat, solid and stable and very dry. I've been all over the Whitsundays in it and cannot fault it.

I took out a Cairns Customcraft from Seisia, Cape York recently. It was about 5.5m and handled the chop offshore well (....not as well as my Vagabond but it wouldn't being beamy, lighter and shallower V). Very stable at rest. Bait tank was a bit hard to get at. Centre console was good. Fished 5 people pretty well. Got onto some good fish including some great Queenies. 90hp Yammy 4 stroke. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing