Thread: Seafarer

Seafarer

Hi ausfishers, thinking of buying a 5. 5m seafarer Viking. My only concern is it has a 100hp for stroke Yamaha. I'm thinking that it might be a little underpowered. What's everyone's thoughts?
    Thanks
    Jc

Re: Seafarer

Sounds about right. Take it for a run though as everyone's expectations are different.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Sounds about right. Take it for a run though as everyone's expectations are different.
    I would have thought that it was a little under powered. Don't know about the weight of the boat. I have a 5.4 tinny with a 115 4 stroke, which seems about right.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Swear that post got edited and it used to say 5.0 not 5.5.

I reckon that's on the borderline, but it depends on usage. If you intend to take out 4 mates + heaps of gear all the time, I think you will find the ceiling of that 100hp Yammie very quickly. Lighter use, probably no issue. If it were my boat, I'd want a 115 on it to cover all circumstances.

100 should be fine. I have always been happy with my 115 Yammy on Vagabond (21 foot) (but its a 2 stroke V4). Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Thanks for the replies, I ended up giving it a miss as it had a few very soft spots in the floor. Stringers weren't good either.. Thanks again.