Thread: Electric reels

Electric reels

Hi all.
    Sorry about another one of these posts, but I'm doing it anyway.

Im looking at getting s combo. I will be using it fir refuse in the 100-200m, and then also starting to play around deeper chasing oogalies.

although not mainly for real deep, I want it to do the job in at least 400m potentially more.

what should i be looking at?

Tanacom 1000?
    miya epoch x4?

are these up to scratch, or should I look at others?

all opinions welcome.
    Thanks
    rob

Re: Electric reels

If you want to do 400m + get epoch x10 or minimum miya epoch x8 or any brand in that size.

I've got a cheap banax Kaigen and a tanacom bull electric reel and both pull 20-25kg fish from 400m no worries and have been reliable to date. both hold about 800 odd meters of braid.

How all.
    Starting get serious on this, what is everyone using?

thanks
    Rob

Rob, you might also look at getting a bent but rod with a swivel tip to complement your electric reel. I've got a 1200 WFT and a Gary Howard deep drop rod but have yet to use it in anger but looking forward to having a go.

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Rob, you might also look at getting a bent but rod with a swivel tip to complement your electric reel. I've got a 1200 WFT and a Gary Howard deep drop rod but have yet to use it in anger but looking forward to having a go.

Sam
    Hasn't Rob taken you deep yet Sam??

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post

Sam

Yeah mate. I will be getting a bent butt for the deep stuff, and putting it on a stand up rod when chasing reefies.
    You given the WFT a work out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Hasn't Rob taken you deep yet Sam??

Tony
    Maybe something can be arranged. So far only done deep dropping with Mojoes a couple of times and in my boat once.

Quote Originally Posted by rtp1984 View Post
    Yeah mate. I will be getting a bent butt for the deep stuff, and putting it on a stand up rod when chasing reefies.
    You given the WFT a work out yet?
    No mate, bought it after the last trip out and had to use the old wind them up with a TLD25. Since then ghe trim tabs failed, got them sorted then one of my gps units failed, getting the replacement this week.

I all

I have narrowed down to either the beastmaster 9000 or the Mega twin 10000.
    Specs look similar. Price similar. Just want some first hand opinions.
    has anyone got any feedback on either of these two reels.
    also, has anyone ever had either of them repaired? was it easy enough?

A mate just had his Miya Epoch sent off to Japan for repairs. Was told the last one took 3 months to get back..

Thanks in advance

Rob