Thread: Snapper bag out Gold Coast

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Snapper bag out Gold Coast

Plan was to be out early Sunday morning and head out wide from the Gold Coast looking for snapper and pearlies.
    Straight out the 50's and found fish nearly straight away. A few drifts using paternoster rigs yielded a couple small snapper and pearlies but nothing worth keeping.
    Changed to a floatline rig and first drift saw a 60cm snapper in the box. The other twp guys soon changed over and then it was on. Each drift we were getting triple hook ups on quality fish.
    Ended up bagging out by 9:30 with snapper between 58 and 67cm. Had a couple of whales playing around the boat at one point, doing circles and going under.. lost some rigs to them....
    Headed back in to the 24's to try and get some trag. Weather had turned fantastic at this stage and the amount of boats out on the 24's was massive.... Managed 5 trag before calling it a day and heading in.
    One of the better days out wide on snapper!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 6-08-2017, 3 11 16 PM.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	116032Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 6-08-2017, 3 15 29 PM.jpg 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	116031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 6-08-2017, 8 09 08 AM.jpg 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	116030

Re: Snapper bag out Gold Coast

Thanks for the report

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Top report mate good to hear that there is still fish of the GOLDY...I was east of Moreton around the 42'sand bagged on about the same size all on bottom bashes apart from 1 floating. So they are about
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Thanks for the report. When you guys fish off Moreton/Straddie, do you normally find the fish first or do you just drift the usual likely spots and see what happens?
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

I always find the fish then drift
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Good catch well done.