Thread: Fishing on the Goldie on Sunday

Fishing on the Goldie on Sunday

What a beautiful day on the water on sunday off the GC. Whales/dolphins and travelled everywhere at 25 to 30 knots. Only thing that could have made it better was to catch a FISH!!!!

Was one of the slowest days I have ever experienced. Heaps of fish on the sounder all day, huge shows, but at times couldn't even loose a half pillie. Fished from the cathedrals out to the 50's way up north all the way back to east of the seaway for 5 trags (all caught within 15min of each other at about 12.45pm). Heaps of grinners and sharks.

Had live slimies (which the sharks/grinners loved), fresh slab baits, pillies/squid, floated, bottom bashed, stood on 1 leg, stuck tongue out etc all for no effect.

Did anyone else experience the fish lock jaw off the goldie or was it just me zigging when i should have zagged again...

Re: Fishing on the Goldie on Sunday

Try nights with the moon before sun up

cheers

Ausfish New Member

Also fished from the 50's to 36,s off jumpinpin bar to the seaway with only a few throw backs. Saw bait and fish on the sounder everywhere but they were not hungry. Just a great day to be on the water. I don't have the luxury of time to follow the lunar best times and just go when I can, which works for me. Still beats sitting at home watching muppets on tv fishing.

We had an alright day on Saturday off Moreton, 11 squire and a 85cm Jew.

The only disappointing thing was we couldn't raise and bigger squire/snapper they were all around the 40cm mark I think one was 45.

Normally this time a year we get 50 to 65 pretty consistently.

It's amazing how every year
    Changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

We went out the 50's off the goldie on Sunday and bagged out on snapper between 58 and 67 with no problem by 9:30. 4 people on the boat and only 3 fishing we had triple hookups all morning. Stopped at the 24's on the way back and pciked up 5 trag to top the box off.

Was nice out there on Sunday!

I fished the 36's for 3 snaps up to 60cm and a few pearlie's up to 42cm...

Cheers

jim