Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone know of any cheap but good 4500kg tow vehicles? please post or pm

Re: anyone know of any cheap but good 4500kg tow vehicles? please post or pm

sure about the disco1 tow rating? I can only find 4.0t which is too low. and then the tow ball weight might matter also (fixed axle group) if it was 4.5t i'd be keen. cheap option.

Ausfish Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    sure about the disco1 tow rating? I can only find 4.0t which is too low. and then the tow ball weight might matter also (fixed axle group) if it was 4.5t i'd be keen. cheap option.
    How embarrassing.
    It actually is 4 ton.
    My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    I think this will still only have a 3.5 tow rating as 4200kg is only a GVM upgrade not a GCM upgrade unless I'm missing something.

TMC

It's also some what over his budget!

My 95 Disco 1 has a 4000kg tow rating. Very strong chassis. But short wheelbase so 4 tonn is not a thing of beauty. The handbook says 3500kg but with dealers stamp 4000kg. I don't believe they had to do anything except make sure shocks ok etc.

Realistically anything less than an F250/Ram etc has no right going anywhere near 4tonn much less 4.5.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Cat View Post
    I think this will still only have a 3.5 tow rating as 4200kg is only a GVM upgrade not a GCM upgrade unless I'm missing something.

TMC
    I think you're missing something. I've been researching this same situation for the last 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    I think you're missing something. I've been researching this same situation for the last 3 months.
    So what is it I'm missing?

TMC

I understood that you xouls not get a recertification of towing max weight...GVM yes (and modern Land Cruiser especially 200's have very low carrying capacity stock).

Cheers

Ford f500 truck just popped up on Sunshine Coast classifieds $13500 they are asking

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Cat View Post
    So what is it I'm missing?

TMC
    He's gunna put it on tbe roof rack

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    I understood that you xouls not get a recertification of towing max weight...GVM yes (and modern Land Cruiser especially 200's have very low carrying capacity stock).

Cheers

Depends on the vehicle or more specifically whether any srcond stage manufacturer has done the testing and engineered a kit - it is seperate to a GVM upgrade. Lovell's do one for the 200 series due to vehicle popularity but I haven't seen any other's - not that I have been looking.

Copy thanks. Learn something new every day. Cheers

Ya gunna need a smaller boat

Ausfish Bronze Member Marchy001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Depends on the vehicle or more specifically whether any srcond stage manufacturer has done the testing and engineered a kit - it is seperate to a GVM upgrade. Lovell's do one for the 200 series due to vehicle popularity but I haven't seen any other's - not that I have been looking.
    I was under the impression GVM was doable but towing capacity was unable to be changed.
    I made lots of calls on this last week when I learned my Triton with 2.3t towing was a bit short of what I need. 2007 tritons same engine same same everything were rated to 2.5t. Suspension places, 4x4 places, Even spoke to vehicle standards QLD and he said without a time machine I'm screwed as the rules changed a few years ago.