Thread: Haines Signature 575

Haines Signature 575

G day guys,

I have a haines signature 575 with a Suzuki 150 and absolutely love the boat but having problems with the sounder being unable to pick readings above 10 knots. I have a Lowrance HDS10 with a standard transducer 600 watt and I have tried adjusting the height etc with the guidance of our local marine centre but still no success. I have also trim tabs which I thought maybe the cause but the trim tab is only approx 400mm away from the transducer. Has anyone had any similar problems and what do you suggest maybe the fix??

Re: Haines Signature 575

Pictures are always a good starting point. One taken looking at the back of the boat from down level with and looking along the bottom of the boat to show how far down the transducer is mounted and its position on the transom relative to other fittings and strakes. The second is side on to give an idea of the angle of the transducer

Get a smaller motor.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Could you mount a in hull transducer? Found that mounting transducer inside the boat works best. You can virtually travel near full speed and still read the bottom. My two bobs worth
    Duck

Hi Jonny,
    I have a 600RF sig, and I've ran both of my TD's on the horizontal part of the transom, which is on the inside of the trim tabs, I presume your hull shape would be the same as mine.
    As with this I can read the bottom at WOT.Attachment 116019
    This isn't my boat but as per the arrow is where I located the two on each side.

hope it helps
    Russ

Thankyou mate I will look into it

STD HDS10 skimmer transducer is 200watt, is it the skimmer you have ? They are a POS, I just changed to a P66 and it has made a world of difference.

Gday Russ, I hope you still read this forum and get this message. I have a 600RF and am having major issues getting the transducer mounted correctly. You inserted a picture link above but it doesn't work. Is it possible to get you to re do the link so i can see where you mounted yours please? I dream about reading the bottom at WOT.! Many Thanks in advance mate Cheers Dave

What could go wrong.......................

What could go wrong.......................

I have a 542 sounder worked perfectly until I fitted trim tabs and had to move it towards the centre of the boat (can see original position in photos). would not hold bottom over about 10-12 ktns then I realised there was a planning strake forward of where I had positioned it moved further down as seen in the second photo now holds bottom flat out. Furuno sounder with a P66 standard transducer.
    Hope this helps. Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Heaps Mark. Cheers Dave