Simrad NSS7 evo 3 advice

Hi all,
    After some advice on the Simrad NSS7 evo3.
    Just sorting out electronics for my up coming fit out ( collecting )
    Now I'm pretty certain I want to run with Furuno 588 with a separate dedicated gps.
    However, as normal I react to a bargin ! cant help myself !
    So at the minute, and not necessarily in the future I now have the above Simrad.
    Is anyone currently using one, or for that matter the Evo 2 model that could comment on their pluses or minuses ?

Cheers
    C

Re: Simrad NSS7 evo 3 advice

I have the NSS16 EVO2 GPS/Radar/Sounder for nearly two years and found it to be brilliant. I bought it for offshore bottom bashing in 70mtrs of water and with the 1 KW through hull CHIRP transducer it does not miss anything. I normally run with split screen 50/50 with the radar overlaying the GPS.

Thanks liprippa for the feedback.
    Sounds like you've got all the bells and whistles with your set up there.
    This one, as mentioned is only the 7 inch, I had planned and read up on the furuno and was pretty confident I was going that way, then getting
    a separate dedicated gps, until this bargin came up. I was picking I'd have to spend 1000-1200 for a dedicated gps unit, and this evo 3 came up at the same price ( $1200 ), so I guess I haven't spent too much more than what I was going to if I use the evo3 as a gps only and indeed go for the furuno as my main finder.... But, in researching a bit about the nss7 it is quite impressive what they can do. There's a fair bit on google on the evo2 model, not a lot on the new evo3. I don't think there was two much difference between them, a better viewing screen, an extra port at the back probably the main differences. So, I guess I will look at what's needed to make the evo 3 work to its potential, as far as transducers etc and make a decision, seems a waste to just use it as a dedicated gps. A trip into moose marine will give me all the info no doubt, he seems right up with all things electronic.
    cheers
    C

thats a great deal for an evo3.
    The solar max HD screen is a pretty groovy piece of kit.majorly its how fast it all performs when being a tad demanding that impresses me with these evo3s.
    in short... its a bit more future proof than the previous Sport series.

Moose

Note.... Celine Dion loud in the car in the Melbourne rain is both tragic and beautiful at the same time

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au